HSE Advisor Worley Parsons Australia
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employment Type: Hourly
Job Level: Experienced
Deadline: Dec 7, 2017
About Worley Parsons
WorleyParsons is a professional services business, a partner in delivering sustained economic and social progress, creating opportunities for individuals, companies and communities to find and realize their own futures. We pride ourselves on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our clients’ expectations, which is why we manage some of the world’s leading projects.
- Coordinate and lead HSE matters by example and provide feedback and assistance to others including;
- Coach, influence, motivate and empower others with regards to HSE and the achievement of Zero Harm.
- Understand and communicate the HSE performance, strengths and weaknesses of the Contract.
- Make recommendations and offer advice and liaise with personnel on a continuing basis regarding HSE.
- Participate and provide input to the development of targeted HSE Improvement Plans. Assist the Contract to identify HSE exposures and opportunities and ensure alignment with the relevant Operations Strategy/ Plans and drive the implementation of the Improvement Plan.
- Build solid relationships and engage with management representatives, client representatives and Contract Managers.
- Provide HSE expertise and support to the Contract team to drive improvement in HSE performance.
- Participate in the local R3 processes and participate in project start up work – (project mobilization). Ensure thorough contractor HSE assessments and conduct evaluations and pre-qualifications as required. Facilitate HSE Risk Assessments where required.
- Ensure all incidents and near misses are investigated in accordance with client and company procedures, including root cause analyses where required.
- Assume hands-on management and implementation of all relevant OneWay systems, standards and processes and where required develop procedures and tools to meet the OneWay standards or customer or local legislative requirements.
- Facilitate implementation of HSE processes and tools by actively visiting work locations and sites to assess the HSE risk and effectiveness of HSE systems in place. This includes conducting regular HSE Observations, HSE talks, training sessions, implementation of HSE measures, promotion of safe work practices and ensuring interest & awareness of HSE is maintained at all levels.
- Coordinate and implement HSE initiatives and promotional activities targeted at continual improvement and achievement of stated HSE performance and objectives. Provide guidance to local OHS Committees as required.
- Assist Line Management to identify training needs and develop and deliver HSE Training as required.
- Ensure robust injury management process, establish relationships with preferred medical providers and ensure process is known and understood by all Supervisors and Employees. Ensure contractor injury management is adequate.
- Establish and manage rehabilitation needs and return to work programs, including ongoing consultation with occupational rehabilitation services provider and treating doctor of injured employee and the monitoring and ongoing review and evaluation of injured employee.
- Establish and maintain statistical data concerning all matters of HSE. Highlight trends for future action and monitor and prepare regular reports of the business area’s performance. Ensure that the right information gets to the decision makers.
- Participate, or where requested lead, HSE audits and assessment programs for the Contract.
- Assist the Contract to comply with the relevant Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation and where applicable customer HSE requirements.
- Stay abreast of emerging HSE issues, legislation and challenges and keep the Contract updated with all relevant legislative requirements including passage of relevant information to managers and employees regarding amendments/ additions to requirements as these come into effect. Ensure Line Management are made aware of the impact by providing examples and generating supporting presentations, alerts, training etc
- Ensure a process for the maintenance of HSE records / documentation of incidents / injuries for the location.
- Thorough understanding of current OHS legislation and a proven ability to pragmatically apply this knowledge in an engineering/project management environment
- Able to develop and deliver HSE training, develop high quality HSE management plans, facilitate HSE Risk Assessments, undertake Root Cause Analysis, lead HSE audits, undertake HSE observations
- Highly competent in MS Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Able to develop close working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline, in the same or similar industry, including experience in the operation, construction or maintenance of hydrocarbons, industrial infrastructure, power and minerals & metals industries.
- Site and construction experience preferred and experience in leading and managing a team.
- Approximately, at least 15 years to include HSE related experience preferably in the resources and construction sector.
- A recognised tertiary degree or equivalent qualification, ideally in OHS
- Additional post graduate qualifications, accreditation or training
- First aid
- Lead auditor in AS4801 & ISO14001
- Return to Work Co-Coordinator