HSE Advisor Sydney – SNC-Lavalin
Job Ref: R-017770
Job Type: Full Time
Location: WestConnex M4 – Tunnel
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
We have significant electrical works to install cable ladder, brackets, lighting, electrical monitoring devices, terminations and verification testing of adhoc electrical equipment in the M4 east tunnel, near Homebush in Sydney’s western suburbs. We are currently seeking an experienced HSE Advisor with a strong team ethic for our important HSE responsibilities.
Working a 6 day roster, up to 56 hours per week we are offering a generous salary package including time and a half, double time penalty rates and a daily travel allowance. These are also direct employment contracts with SNC Lavalin including paid notice periods and other benefits associated with non labour-hire.
Please note these positions are only made available to local Sydney residents, based within a reasonable distance of the project location. No relocation, LAFHA or interstate candidates unfortunately can be considered.
- Monitor day to day work activities across the electrical scope of works.
- Assisting with developing safe work practices for Electricians, Trade Assistants and general construction employees adhering to project risk management strategies;
- Provide support and direction for all project employees on health, safety and environment issues;
- Facilitate and assist in incident investigations;
- Conduct scheduled loss prevention inspections and Behavioural Based Safety observations on construction activities;
- Communicate to the project up to date information, alerts, statistics and incidents; and
- Assist in conducting health, safety and environment training programs developed for the project.
Education and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a site, field focused Safety Advisor role is essential;
- Experience working on construction projects (mining, renewable energy or chemical processing facilities) is highly advantageous;
- Tertiary level health, safety and environment qualifications is a pre requisite;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word;
- Strong focus on teamwork, flexibility and excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to take ownership and accountability in a robust and fast paced environment.
- Well supported by this global engineering and construction organisation;
- Excellent salary package with benefits; and
- Gain valuable experience on major resource projects.
Other Suggested Jobs