Discipline: Assistant Administrator
Primary Location: Australia-WA-Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
Work Type: Full-time
No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, our principles and our people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
UGL is a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
UGL has an opportunity for Shutdown HSE Advisor’s to join the Asset Services division in Rockhampton and Gladstone in QLD. We are seeking energetic HSE Advisors with positive attitude and willingness to work in shutdown projects. Working 6 days a week, 12 hours per day. This is not a FIFO role – DIDO from QLD.
In this position, you will support our shutdowns teams across the power generation and alumina sectors and be responsible for the day-to-day provision of HSE field support, advice, training, reporting functions and systems maintenance.
Responsibilities include but not include to;
- Monitor and report on workplace behaviours and compliance;
- Development and presentation of toolbox and pre-start meetings;
- Inspecting and auditing project compliance to HSSE system requirements where required;
- Undertake any adhoc projects, initiatives, tasks as directed by the Contract Manager or in consultation with the relevant HSSE Manager;
- Reporting and investigation of incidents within operations where required
- Prepare and review project HSSE documentation to ensure requirements are met;
- Assist in managing the implementation of return to work programs and procedures to ensure that all injuries are managed according to Company and Legislative requirements;
- Providing safety statistics for inclusion in project reports;
- Responsibilities as outlined in the role position description.
To be successful in this role;
- Tertiary Qualification (Diploma or greater) in a Workplace Safety and Health related discipline;
- Cert IV Training and Assessment;
- Incident Investigation Trained (ICAM preferable);
- Minimum 3 years’ industry experience in a Safety, Health and Environmental role in a contracting organisation;
- Demonstrated capability to develop and implement safety management systems;
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritise demands, and handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously whilst still meeting set deadlines.
Please note a rigorous pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening will be conducted. Endeavour Energy and UGL workers are subject to regular random screening.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.