HSE Advisor (Port/Terminal) WTS Energy UAE
Job Title: HSE Advisor (Port/Terminal) UAE
Job Ref.: WTSVN24875
Location: Fujairah, UAE
About the job
WTS Energy is seeking to hire HSE Advisor( Ports & terminals) for one of its client who is a ports and terminals company in Fujairah
on a permanent family status role.
- Development and implementation of HSE policies, procedures etc within the Port of Fujairah, management of corporate risk management data, development of the corporate safety and environmental management system(s) and assure compliance with the policies by audits.
- The HSE Advisor is responsible for the performance areas of the function.
- The HSE Advisor reports hierarchial to the HSE Manager.
- In depth design, review and amendment of the HSE policies and the safety management system.
- Improves the HSE policies and management systems on basis of audit results, reports on incident investigation and new developments in the working field like ISO standards, OSHA standards, Legislative developments etc.
- Set-up of environmental management projects and systems.
- Act as delegated representative for HSE Department in projects.
- Advise the HSE Manager on strategic issues in relation to HSE developments.
- Prepares audit planning and develops an auditing system compliant with international standards (ISO, OSHA etc)
- Carry out audits on the compliance in the Port of Fujairah with all HSE policies and procedures. Either on within the own organisation, 3rd parties like contractors or concession holders.
- Prepare audit reports and action plans to improve compliance.
- Discuss results of audits with operational department management and senior management and support adoption of action plans.
- Cary out process risk assessments on Port of Fujairah activities and advice on risk mitigating measures and translate these into procedures and instructions.
- Carry out risk assessments for projects and developments and implement risk control measures in the project and contractors requirements.
- Carry out contractors pre-qualification assessments and audits and advise on improvement measures.
- Management of the corporate risk inventory, Hazardous area classification and fire & gas mapping.
- Management of 3rd party audits and their results and recommendations.
- Develop and conduct HSE trainings for internal personnel and induction training for contractors etc.
- Coach HSE Officer in their development.
- Develop and conduct emergency response drills.
Prepare training and drill schedule requirements for HSE training, emergency response training and drills.
- Degree in shipping, construction, process industry or business management.
- HSE certification (Nebosh IGC & IOSH or similar)
- Lead auditor certification
- Working knowledge of either marine operations, process safety, construction or stevedoring.
- Consultancy experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Good working knowledge on more than one aspect.
- Experience in a port/marine organisation
Suitable and qualified candidates should submit an updated copy of their curriculum vitae below…