HSE Advisor Perth
Primary Location: AUS-WA-Perth
Employment Type: Contractor
Job Level: Experienced
Deadline: Apr 18, 2018
- Role will be 2 or 3 days a week on site at Wagerup (45 minutes from Mandurah)
- Will develop HSE plans
- Responsible for looking at the construction from a HSE and risk perspective
- Focus on improvement items
- Champion safe work practices on the project
- 6-8 years site experience required
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of current OHS legislation and a proven ability to pragmatically apply this knowledge in an engineering/project management environment
- Able to develop and deliver HSE training, develop high quality HSE management plans, facilitate
- HSE Risk Assessments, undertake Root Cause Analysis, lead HSE audits, undertake HSE observations
- Highly competent in MS Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Able to develop close working relationships with customers and stakeholders.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised degree or equivalent qualification, ideally in OHS
- Additional post graduate qualifications, accreditation or training including First aid, Lead auditor in AS4801 & ISO14001, Return to Work Co-Coordinator
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite and other reporting and analysis software applications. Utilises databases, spreadsheets and computer-based modelling software to identify and report on trends, lead/lag indicators, etc.
- Excellent communication skills are critical in order to influence at all levels, as this is a role that firmly relies upon influence rather than authority to realise its objectives.
- Demonstrates well developed interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrates highly developed conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrates well developed influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy in publication of reports.