HSE Advisor – Mid-Stream Operations Australia
- Permanent Full Time
- Leading Gas and Pipeline infrastructure company
- Melbourne, VIC
- Deadline: 21/07/2018
Bring your energy! APA Group is one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses. As a part of the APA team, you’ll join a group of passionate professionals who work safely, and responsibly to deliver Australia’s energy.
As one of Australia’s ASX top 50 organisations we offer career and personal development opportunities, work-life balance, discounts, incentives and wellbeing programs.
Best of all, we are a bunch of great people to work with!
We now have an exciting opportunity available in our Melbourne office for a HSE Advisor to join our Midstream Operations team. The key purpose of this role is to contribute to the safe work environment at APA Midstream Operations sites through promoting a safe workplace culture and raising awareness to reduce the number of incidents and injuries and keep our assets safe.
Reporting directly to the HSE Manager of Infrastructure Development and Power your core responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and administer annual HSE Improvement Plan for Midstream Operational sites
- Ensure the Midstream Operations exceeds minimum legislation requirements in relation to Major Hazard Facility legislation.
- Lead the creation of a culture who promote safety as the primary driver of all behaviours whilst also conducting workplace audits and risk assessments.
- Actively promote HSE & Injury management practices, principles, awareness & initiatives and drive cultural change in all activities within the business unit/s to ensure compliance with APA Group standards & a journey of continuous improvement
- Participate in and/or support site project managers in accident/incident/near miss reporting, incident investigation, corrective actions and improvements plans in accordance with APA Group Procedures
- Ensure business units maintain consultation processes providing employees with the opportunity to be involved in workplace planning, design and HSE matters.
To excel in this position you will have the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in leading and conducting HSE audits and risk assessments.
- Relevant knowledge and experience with Major Hazard Facilities legislation and Process Safety
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience in a similar role within the gas/energy industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others at all levels within the organisation
- Solid experience in interpreting and applying OHS legislation
With a strong focus on achieving results, a collaborative working style and a values-based culture, APA offers you a career opportunity like no other!
If this sounds like a company and team that you’d like to be a part of we’d love to hear from you! Submit your application (covering letter and CV) by pressing the “Apply” button below before the closing date of 21 July 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.