HSE Advisor job in UK
job ref: 124839367-2
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Advise management on all relevant aspects of safety, health, welfare and environmental protection with emphasis on sound methods of working and systems to identify hazards
• Work with the on site team to ensure there is a suite of site specific risk assessments covering all tasks carried out by our Employees on site
• Carry out HS&E inspections and ensure the coordination of risk assessments
• Monitor procedures, risk assessments and method statements
• Produce HS&E performance reports based on audits and inspections as required
• Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HS&E objectives
• Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents
• Investigate accidents, incidents (including “near misses”) and dangerous occurrences in order to make recommendations to prevent recurrences
• Monitor and report on operational HS&E performance and make recommendations for improvement. Monitor to ensure that effective action is taken
• Assist with the identification and delivery of HS&E training needs including the presentation of formal courses and on-site certification
• Review HS&E training system and implement any required changes
• Review existing HS&E systems/procedures for the contract and implement systems/procedures for new contracts incorporating current legislation and new legislation as it arises
• Experience in a health and safety role preferably in the Construction / Engineering Sector
• NEBOSH National Certificate / Construction Certificate or equivalent.
• Sound technical Health and Safety knowledge
• Understanding of HS&E Management systems
• Understanding of UK HS&E legislation
• Ability to work independently and in Department and project teams
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word office software particularly word and Excel
• Strong organisational, decision-making and communication skills as you will often have to persuade site management to agree with decisions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? click on the link below to apply
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.