HSE Advisor Heysham/Barrow UK
- Job reference: 914366
- Location: Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria
- Salary: GBP450 per day + travel
- Job type: Contract
- Sector: Oil & Gas, HS & E
Job Reports To HSE Team Lead – Morecambe Hub
Job Location: Heysham/Barrow
To provide direct support to the Morecambe assets of the UK/NL Operated assets and will also provide ad-hoc services to wider UK/NL HSE Team as required.
* Support the HSE Team Lead to deliver against business objectives across exploration, development, operations and decommissioning asset phases.
* Assist in the delivery of strategic HSE objectives
* Ensure legal compliance and assurance across operated assets
* Support key contract HSE delivery
* Investigates accidents, incidents and near misses and prepares reports making recommendations to prevent recurrence or minimise future risk.
* Assist in the development of HSE key competencies and behaviours within UK/NLregion and provide coaching and support to peers and line.
* Assist in the development of HSE processes to support the BMS application and delivery of accountabilities.
* Lead and promote HSE awareness across the Morecambe Hub.
* Implementation of Crisis and Emergency Response Preparedness arrangements as required.
Understand the health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements that are relevant to the work and ensure the team complies with these. Help the team to understand and actively promote issues regarding health, safety & the environment
Dimensions of Role
* Type of Role: Professional,
* Strategic Dimensions: mid-term (1+ years), operational support to Morecambe Hub
* People Management: number of direct (0)/indirect reports (many) and level range (spans several levels)
Asset operations teams
Key Success Factors
* Assist the development of and ensure delivery of Morecambe Hub HSE plans.
* Support compliance to regulatory requirements.
* Support and promote key company and regional HSE initiatives.
* Ensure HSE MS (Management System) processes support different operating models
* Implement Crisis and emergency response arrangements and exercise programme
Knowledge and Qualifications
* Educated to degree or equivalent level.
* NEBOSH Certificate or HSE qualification of a similar level
* Offshore Medical, Survival Certificates, MIST and ability to travel offshore.
* At least 2 years as HSEQ Professional
* Good working knowledge of current HSE legislation
Key Leadership Behaviours
Leader of Self
* Initiates and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues
* Respects and values others
* Delivers a timely, high quality service
* Accepts accountability
* Understands how own goals align to bigger picture
* Effective communicator
* Customer focused
* Change driver
* Operational support role with a requirement for occasional offshore travel and occasional travel to other onshore locations.