HSE Advisor Hampshire, Portsmouth
We are now hiring on behalf of a downstream client whose activities are focused on hazardous area Operations and Maintenance of UK fuel storage terminals.
In the role you will
- Provide a regular on-site presence to the management team
- Incident investigation
- Auditing contractor activity
- Support the implementation of the organisations safety management system
- Provide a visible on-site presence at the clients main terminal in the Portsmouth area.
- Occasionally provide a visible on-site presence at the organisations other terminal in the South West
- Provide site leads with HSSE advice on technical, process safety and occupational HSE (with support of HSSEQ team).
- Conduct HSSE assurance inspections and audits of contractor activities; ensuring compliance with Agency standards and requirements.
- Provide assistance to contractors in improving HSSE and Quality performance.
- Provide regular reports on HSSE performance.
- Assist site leads in developing systems, processes, etc to ensure activities undertaken are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Support the implementation of new projects to enable safety and effectiveness of design and operations through legislative compliance; identification and management of risk factors and the principles of ALARP for COMAH sites.
- Support the existing HSSEQ team by regular communications.
- Promotion of the delivery of key health, safety, environment and quality targets and success factors for OPA core business functions, and propose new, more cost effective ways of meeting HSSE and Quality requirements.
- Monitor the timely close-out of corrective actions and produce regular reports
- NEBOSH: Essential
- COMAH regs experience: Essential
- For security clearance purposes you will need to have worked in the UK for the past 5 year
- Experience of liaising with people of differing levels both externally and internally ranging from the Competent Authority (HSE/EA/SEPA), Management and Leadership Teams to site operatives: Essential
Please apply to Alan Steer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) acts as an employment agency and employment business.