HSE Advisor Deepwater Operations in Malaysia
Job Ref: 128852BR
Location: Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Ensure proper HSSE improvement strategies, systems, policies, standards, & tools are in place & functioning to ‘raise the game’ in DW Sabah Asset production operation activities. Ensure the Sabah Deepwater HSSE Plan is delivered to its intent, tracks, and monitor for the plan completion.
- Provide HSSE advice/support in HSSE Risk Management activities including facilitating risk assessments (HAZIDs or equivalent) for Sabah Deepwater.
- Develop/ coordinate/ deploy HSSE promotional materials/activities
- Coordinate and facilitate the Sabah Deepwater Safety Communications Meeting (SAFCOM) as a means of raising HSSE awareness, updates and to deliver the safety communication strategy/plan to the frontlines.
- Deliver HSSE support; coordinating resources & efforts with HSSE counterparts including Emergency Management.
- Leverage & promote best practice sharing across DW Sabah Operations & Production Team.
- Work as a Focal point in a number of HSSE Management System items &/or Global Processes
- Provide an independent assessment of site effectiveness of Safety (e.g. Permit to Work) & Environmental (e.g. emission limits) Controls & compliance to License-to-Operate requirements (e.g. EIA conditions).
- Support or work closely with the frontline to ensure identified HSSE gaps are sustainably addressed.
- Support or participate in incident investigation process (including incident investigation tools application, such as Tripod Beta Analysis, Causal Learning or Root Cause Analysis) & verify the implementation of recommendations by line management & analyze, interpret & implement data for improved HSSE performance.
- Provide support in internal and external incident reporting to ensure data quality compliance.
- Support and collaborate with Deepwater Sabah Operations & Production to implement frontline Safety Leadership programs including visit programs.
- Collaborate with the frontline to identify and realize HSSE improvement opportunities
- Worksite HSSE engagement & coaching 50% of time
- Provide HSSE advice/support & closely collaborate with Contract Management Team to ensure the delivery of Pre and Post Contract Award HSSE activities (incl. Mode & Risk Categorization, Contract HSSE Clauses Review, Tender Evaluation & Green Banding Assessment, Contract Kick-Off, Contract Management, Contract Close-out, Senior Leadership Engagement, Quarterly Contract HSSE Plan Review, & Contract Business Performance Review).
- Act as Secretary for Deepwater Sabah Office OSH Committee and support the office OSH implementation
What we need from you
- Degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (e.g. NEBOSH) or membership of recognized professional body DOSH i.e. DOSH-certified Safety & Health Officer (SHO) is considered an asset.
- Experience & knowledge of OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001 Management Systems.
- Thorough understanding of HSSE management systems, HSSE risk management environmental policy, environmental aspects, and environmental, health and safety management systems.
- Strong foundation in the sciences and Operations and Production activities
- Experience within the HSE requirements of Contractor Management.
- Proven ability to manage performance, competence, HSE plan of employees and contractors.
- Proven ability to engage, manage change & deploy HSE Improvement tools & initiatives across the organization.
- Key Competencies include interpersonal (relationship, networking), influencing & negotiating skills.
- Good understanding of the rules, Practices & regulations in Malaysia.
- Preferably having the rights to work in Sabah, Malaysia
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.