HSE Advisor Aberdeen – Transocean
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland Kingswells
Job Ref: R100831
Job Type: Full Time
QHSE – Shorebased Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Working at Transocean
There is a pioneering spirit at Transocean, a personal drive burning inside each and every employee, to rise above the greatest challenge and sail past the loftiest goal. To answer the unanswerable, solve the unsolvable and achieve the impossible.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Global HSE Support function of a world class drilling contractor in the oil and gas service sector as an HSE Advisor.
The purpose of this role is to provide day to day Health, Safety and Environmental support globally in the application of the HSE Management System and to support the development and continual improvement of Global HSE policies and processes along with monitoring HSE Performance. Based in the Aberdeen office, the role will support the HSE Manager Global Support in delivering HSE information and data to the Company Senior Management to develop continual improvement strategies.
This position will generally provide support to all Operations Areas and other Company functions daily, responding to feedback as well as providing guidance on achieving HSE Management System compliance. As part of the team, you will become a Subject matter expert in the Company HSE Management system and develop sound knowledge in the associated processes of the Company Management System.
- Industry competitive salary
- Working week: Monday – Thursday with a half day on Friday
- Bonus eligible
- 33 days holidays increasing after three and five years’ service
- Generous pension
- Life insurance
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Modern office facilities
- Free gym access
- Subsidised canteen
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the HSE Management System
- Liaise with and support internal and external customers from an OI & HSE perspective
- Support the functions of the Global HSE Support team
- Attend relevant meetings and be available to answer any questions related to HSE
- Stay abreast of general developments in the field of HSE and the Offshore Drilling Industry
- Monitor HSE Performance, analyse data and develop strategy for maintaining improving OI and HSE performance globally
- Actively drive the OI & HSE Performance by monitoring compliance to global OI & HSE MS Requirements
- Report directly to the HSE Manager Global Support
- 3 years Drilling Industry Experience.
- Offshore experience in non-HSE and HSE roles.
- Shore based experience in an HSE role including policy writing.
- Formal HSE Qualification or minimum of 5 years HSE Industry Experience