Your continuous learning and development is important as it shows that you are striving to improve as a professional. That is why, the leading professional body in health and safety (IOSH) take very seriously the support and guidance they give you through your professional development.
So, we will be considering how to enroll for IOSH CPD courses.
When working your way through our membership categories, logging your professional development will be a requirement at some stage. Becoming a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner, Graduate Member or Technical Member will give you higher status, but this comes with a responsibility to show that you are keeping on top of the demands of your job and meeting our high standards.
At all membership levels, apart from Affiliate and Associate Member, you will be required to complete your CPD.
What is CPD?
CPD is an investment in yourself. It is a career-long process of improvement, keeping your skills and knowledge up to date through development activities and then recording and reflecting on what you have gained or achieved.
All IOSH members can use IOSH CPD programme, which sits in our new and enhanced Blueprint tool. Members will have received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with their access details. If you cannot find it, please send message to IOSH with your membership number and your email will be resent.
CPD is mandatory for all Chartered Fellows, Chartered, Graduate and Technical Members, whose professional status depends on an up-to-date record. But we recommend all members take advantage of our CPD framework to keep their skills and knowledge fit-for-purpose and set them apart from other occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals.
To get the most from CPD, your learning activities should address your individual needs.
How IOSH CPD works
There are four stages in IOSH’s CPD process.
- Assess and plan
Use Blueprint’s self-assessment tool to assess your current knowledge and skills level and build your personal development plan (PDP) based on the results, your career stage and/or aspirations.
You can do this through a variety of CPD activities. Our Blueprint system will suggest development options, based on the outcome of your self-assessment.
You should record each activity and the time it has taken. Technical, Graduate and Chartered Members and Chartered Fellows must complete and record 30 hours of CPD each year.
- Apply and reflect
Capture what you have learnt and how you have put this into practice in reflective statements, which also identify any strengths or areas for further improvement to enable you to continually grow. This reflection will inform the next cycle of planning, action and reflection.
How CPD benefits you
CPD enables you to:
- build confidence and credibility
- respond to change by keeping your skills and knowledge current
- meet your career goals by addressing gaps in your development
- create a professional impression at appraisals and job interviews
- maintain your skills and safeguard your professional status
- raise standards of health and safety in the workplace
- benefit from greater career choice and employment mobility.
How To Enroll For IOSH CPD Courses
To ensure your knowledge and expertise is up to date, it’s important to maintain your CPD.
- Explore our competency framework. This outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours you need to be a successful health and safety professional.
- Book on to a CPD course to refresh and enhance your knowledge.
- Read IOSH Magazine for the latest industry best practice and regulatory changes.
- Register to attend an event or webinar to network, ask questions and upskill.
- Watch webinar recordings anytime, anywhere.
- Read our health and safety guidance and research reports to expand your knowledge.
- Take a look at topic-specific content in our occupational health toolkit and the No Time to Lose occupational cancer campaign. These will help you tackle safety and health problems in the workplace.
How to book
Once you’ve selected the course you wish to attend below, you’ll be presented with the dates, prices (Please note, all prices exclude VAT and your booking will be confirmed once payment has been received) and booking form for that course. Please note: If you’d like to book multiple people in your organisation onto a CPD course then please email email@example.com. We can take BACS payments for group bookings.
See CPD courses below to check for the range of courses.