Home Office HSSE Construction Manager
- Requisition ID: 2017-18435
- Work Location: ES-Madrid Spain
- Department / Discipline: HSSE
- Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Madrid business is currently recruiting for a Home Office HSSE Construction Manager with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industry.
S/he will be responsible for the leadership, organization and administration of the HSSE Construction Department. Reporting to the Company´s Managing Director, s/he will be based in Amec Foster Wheeler offices in Madrid. The role will involve visits to Suppliers and Customers, sporadic travel to other Affiliates and regular visits to site.
- Incorporate and maintain the requirements of the Amec Foster Wheeler Corporate Policy Manual into Construction Operations HSSE organization, procedures and systems
- Direct, supervise, and control the services to be provided in respect of the risks in the construction area within Amec Foster Wheeler Iberia and functionally coordinate the safety officers assigned to the different construction sites. The activities covered by this service are: Safety and Hygiene at Work, Accident Prevention, Environmental Protection, Security and Fire Prevention
- Form part of the Amec Foster Wheeler Iberia Safety (HSSE) and Project Review Committee. Attend and contribute to formal Project Reviews
- Promote the certification to OHSAS 18001
- Specify prevention measures to be implemented by Amec Foster Wheeler Iberia to prevent risks situations, and those referring to training activities, information and warnings to employees in all the work done at different sites
- Develop and update the procedures included in the Corporate Construction Safety Manual, taking account of Spanish and European laws and standards and any others indicated by Amec Foster Wheeler Iberia
- Propose and participate in the preparation and implementation of employee training programs and information
- Prepare the list of safety rules to be included in the specifications of invitations to tender and any other contractual information and documents in this area
- Prepare, analyze and send regular reports on the state of safety at work construction sites to Company Management, Project Managers, Works Construction Managers and Safety Officers
- Select, supervise, and monitor the Field Safety Officers
- Maintain good employee relations and projection of the Company’s image to Clients, public, and other third parties
- Maintain all necessary contact with professional bodies and represent the business on the appropriate industry committees
- Prepare Accident Prevention Plans (APP), Site-Specific Health & Safety Plans (HASP), and all necessary documentation required by Amec Foster Wheeler, OSHA, or host nation regulations, including but not limited by Respiratory Protection Plans, Hazard Communication Programs, Lead Abatement Plans, Asbestos Abatement Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, Critical Lift Plans, etc.
- Conduct accident investigations and prepare reporting in accordance with the Client and Amec Foster Wheeler requirements, maintaining OSHA 300 logs or equivalents
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc. Degree in Engineering disciplines
- Recognized Spanish Diploma qualifications in Occupational Safety and Health (Master en Prevención de Riesgos Laborales).
- Specific qualification on Health and Safety in Construction.
- Recognized Spanish Environmental, Occupational Health or Security Qualification preferred.
- 15 years previous HSSE experience in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical and Process Plants contracting industry, together with detailed knowledge of OHSAS 18001 requirements and its application in an Engineering, Design, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning environment. Preferably at least 2 core industries and having worked in at least 2 international location.
- Must have proven experience with Fall Protection (including elevated platforms), Scaffolding, Steel Erection, Excavation, Crane Critical Lift Operations.
- Shall have worked for Large & medium range capacity Refinery & Petrochemical complexes – Greenfield & Brownfield type of constructions.
- Significant experience in Safety Management activities within front end engineering and design, detailed design, procurement and construction activities.
- Good knowledge of Health, Safety, & Environment aspects for Refinery and Petrochemical Sectors, applicable Statutory regulations, National & International Standards, Codes, guidelines, OSHA, NFPA, Hazcon, Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Audits / Inspection, Training, construction of HSE plan, objectives, ISO 9001, 14001, & OHSAS 18001. Detailed working knowledge in the application of the Safety Management standard OHSAS 18001.
- Well versed with Accident Prevention Methodologies & preparation of Incident / Accident Statistics, and reporting system.
- Conversant with information collecting & Analysis of site and security survey and early works / temporary facilities required for project execution.
- Demonstrable qualification for planning, conducting and reporting internal audits from a recognized external body.
- Knowledge of detailed aspects of Contracts and change management issues relating to HSSE.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and supervisory experience combined with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Native level of Spanish and fluid command of English. Other languages will be a plus.
- Advanced-user level of current MS Office package, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other applications.
- Must hold Spanish nationality. Alternatively, EU nationals could be considered.
- Immediate availability to join the team.