HES Technician Marathon oil
Location: Watonga, OK, US, 73772-9606
This position provides direct Health, Environmental and Safety support for Marathon’s Oklahoma Resource Basin, Northern Oklahoma Production Operations organization.
This position will be located in the Watonga, Oklahoma office so as to provide primary support to the Production Operations organization as well as additional support for the Maintenance & Construction and Workover/Flowback organizations in Northern Oklahoma.
The selected HES Technician will support the organizations by applying technical health, environmental and safety risk mitigation knowledge to ensure compliance with legal and company requirements.
The selected individual will also be responsible for assisting organizations with implementation of health and safety processes and initiatives, coaching to improve leadership and integrity of health and safety processes, providing consistent guidance on health and safety related issues, and promoting knowledge sharing with other Oklahoma Resource Basin areas. (Target field time = 50-60%)
- Support the Mid-Continent Asset Team with respect to any and all health, environmental, and safety related issues.
- Conduct HES Training(s)
- Clearly convey requirements and expectations to Contractors and Third Party Contractors (i.e. oil purchasers, gas gatherers, compressor companies, etc…)
- Position Specific Responsibilities:
- General (Safety & Environmental) – Daily on-site presence (as needed) to monitor HES process integrity, HES support for SimOps activities, issuing Safe Work Permits & participating in Tailgate Safety Meetings, facilitate/participate in monthly safety meetings, and actively engage in HES Leadership Engagements with contractors among many other general safety & environmental responsibilities.
- HES Event Reporting & Management – Managing Event Reporting workflow and initial Event entry into Company HES&S reporting database. Lead Event Investigations.
- Risk Assessment & Auditing – Lead/participate in Tier I Audits, participate in Project Risk Assessments, and assist in closeout of Risk Assessment actions for respective areas.
- Emergency Response – Manage spill response trailer(s) for designated areas, assist ops with spill response operations as needed (must be HAZWOPER trained)
- Inspections – Portable ladders, fixed ladders, personal fall protection equipment, breathing air (SCBA & hose line), fire extinguishers
- Industrial Hygiene & Respiratory Protection – Coordinate and/or perform fit testing
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Associates degree or higher preferred)
- Minimum 5+ Years of Field Operations Health, Environmental & Safety Experience
- Safety Related Certification(s) Preferred