Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental (HSSE) Adviser Amec Foster USA
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Adviser. The position of HSSE Coordinator reports directly to the Project HSSE Manager, and indirectly to the Director of HSSE for the Amec Foster Wheeler PPA Construction Group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is an entry level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and well being of others in our industry. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and/or experience in the fields of occupational safety and health or construction commensurate with the desired position. This includes craft and field experience with one or more disciplines.
Key Aims & Objectives
Positively influence the Project by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management. Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the Project’s HSSE initiatives and programs.
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Amec Foster Wheeler needs.
- Utilize Amec Foster Wheeler audit protocols for all PPA locations.
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis processes, and prepare required report(s).
- Assist employees and crews in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of applicable legislative, client, and Amec Foster Wheeler requirements for the Project.
- Engage in the HSSE Training process for the Project.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Amec Foster Wheeler employees and supervision.
- Provide injury care for employees.
- Assist with implementation of the Amec Foster Wheeler Drug & Alcohol Program.
- Support the needs of the Project HSSE Department.
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of industry and HSSE experience.
- NCCER Construction Site Safety Orientation.
- Understanding of basic construction work practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; includes use of proper grammar, spelling, etc.
- Ability to interact with both craft and supervisory employees.
- High level of integrity for reporting as well as upholding company policy, personal activities, etc.
- Ability to complete basic HSSE related tasks with little direction after initial assignment.
- Ability to objectively audit compliance in the workplace.
- Nationally recognized certifications (CSP, ASP. CHST, or OHST) and/or Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or related field.
May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds.
Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the responsibilities and duties as identified above.
Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas.
Must have full range of motion consistent with age
May be required consistently to work 12+ hour shifts performing construction based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions.
May be required, on occasion, to work up to 16 hours in a single shift.
Must be able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds and steel framework.
Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job related noises.
Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions; The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Follow the link below to apply:
Senior Technical Safety Engineer Amec Foster Aberdeen