Health & Safety (QHSSE) Advisor Canada – Whitecourt, AB
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 100 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 31,000 people.
Weatherford Canada is currently looking for a QHSSE Advisor to join our team. The role will be based in Whitercourt, AB and will be responsible for:
- Providing support and coaching to management and staff to meet Legislation and Corporate Operational Excellence Performance System (OEPS) requirements, specifically, those related to quality, health, safety, security & environment (QHSSE)
- Taking a leadership role in the coaching and implementation of OEPS through conducting audits, meeting overall QHSSE goals and objectives to manage change, detect deficiencies within the QHSSE management systems by relying on experience, education and training;
- Assistance in program delivery, implementation of action plans, training and communications to management/employees.
- Supporting the delivering QHSSE training
- Participating in work site inspections to identify, assess and manage workplace hazards, assist management in the process to determine and prioritize root causes of accidents through comprehensive investigations and subsequent corrective actions.
- Assisting with monthly and yearly accident statistics and the auditing process
- Satisfactory completion of audits or other evaluation processes that verify the existence and effectiveness of QHSSE management systems.
- Implementation of proactive systems that lead to prevention of loss
- Participate in incident investigations with operational staff
- Development of action logs or other methods of tracking corrective / preventive actions to ensure satisfactory implementation and closure.
- Ensure field crews have access to training and materials which enable and ensure the delivery of services in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner.
- Ensure licenses, permits and operating authorities required by the business are at all times complete and in good standing.
- Implement QHSSE systems and tools to reduce the risk to employees and the company.
- Support/conduct orientations for new and transferred employees
- Support the maintenance of QHSSE related training for employees
- Preparation of Safety and Service Quality Alerts, Bulletins, and Warnings to ensure effective communication of potential hazards to front line employees.
- Assist management in the preparation and presentation of safety related materials.
- Completed or currently enrolled in a university level Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Strong understanding of Quality Management Systems
- ISO/API understanding and/or audit experience an asset
- CRSP designation an asset
- TapRoot training and/or trainer training an asset
- Experience in the upstream petroleum industry preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with high exposure to field locations
- Basic knowledge of local community, customer, and legislative expectations or requirements considered in the day to day activities of the business
- Working knowledge of MS computer software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
- Team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills and problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional listening skills
- Must have a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol test