Health, Safety & Property Compliance Manager Charles Taylor PLC UK
Job Location: United Kingdom — England — Greater London — London
Job Type: Permanent
Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts.
We currently have an interesting opportunity for a health, safety and property compliance manager to lead, manage and co-ordinate all relevant safety and property related compliance activity across Charles Taylor’s properties and teams globally, including but not limited health & safety environment and business continuity.
Your main duties will include: –
- Promoting awareness and responsible attitudes relating to health and safety across the Group, including by developing the Group’s health & safety framework and by ensuring adherence to the management responsibilities detailed in the Health and Safety Policy and all other UK legislation.
- Ensure business risks relating to Employee Health and Wellbeing are reduced to a minimum by collecting and evaluating any relevant data; addressing any health safety or wellbeing issues and ensuring that all staff records are maintained and secured as per CT’s data privacy procedures.
- Ensure compliance with UK health & safety legislation/regulations by management, external contactors and service providers.
- Chair the health and safety committee meetings.
- Provide staff inductions and continuation training in all health & safety requirements.
- Manage all the group’s work risk assessments and PPE for surveyors and field operatives and ensure all CT’s global premises have fire and risk assessments.
- Sourcing and booking all relevant health and safety courses for Fire Wardens and First Aiders.
- Develop, maintain, communicate and enhance the Business Continuity Plan framework across CT, in collaboration with the relevant Global Business Services.
Essential Knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of effective health & safety management strategies and best practice
- Detailed knowledge of current health & safety legislation
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to juggle a busy workload and work to deadlines
- Ability communicate with staff and clients at all levels
- Strong IT skills with competency in Microsoft Office and database packages – experience of accurate data entr
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
Why Charles Taylor
Charles Taylor currently employs over 2000 staff working in over 70 offices in 29 countries
worldwide. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and excellent career prospects; and look for people who can contribute to our business through our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support.