|912065 – Health & Safety Advisor – Operations 1
Our client is one of the world’s largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Operations 1, based in Blaine, Washington.
Duties of the role include :
- Level I gas tester
- Level II risk assessments
- P and ID risk assessments
- P and ID reviews
- Assign PPE in accordance with client policies and procedures
- Write permits for all spark producing tasks in operating units or other classified areas
- Assess confined spaces for entries and write permits – to include inert entries in accordance with client’s confined space entry policy.
- Update entries and hot work permits as needed
- Monitor ongoing permits
- Perform any special projects that arise for the client
- Participate in weekly safety meetings to discuss various policies and procedures as well as their application
- Provide technical and professional information in regards to new policies and procedures.
- Support Turnaround activities as necessary.
- Safety Equipment Inspection and Maintenance
- Manage day to day operation and management of Safety Equipment
- Monitor continuous monitoring equipment and ensure accountability and proper testing and calibration of equipment
- Managing safety equipment related projects
- Approve Hot Work Permits
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 912065.