Health & Safety Officer Samworth Brothers Leicester – UK
- Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
- Job Ref: BLU0058
- Contract: Full Time
- Expiry date: 24/06/2018
Summary of role and responsibilities:
- To support the Senior Health & Safety Manager in promoting the highest level of awareness and compliance in all aspects of site Health and Safety.
- Deliver sustainable improvements to the facility and also help to develop a cultural change in the mindset of all employees.
- The role will cover all aspects and matters relating to Health and Safety within the facility, integrating a common sense approach into the business needs.
Duties will include:
- Reporting of accident statistics, RIDDOR reports as required and the review of near miss forms.
- Support and advise Managers on all aspects of Health and Safety.
- Assist Managers with the development and implementation of risk assessments, safe systems of work and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Support managers in accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations
- Supporting Managers in the implementation of health & safety toolkits, in order to promote a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety training.
Knowledge and Understanding – a sound knowledge of Health and Safety principles and legislation. Able to assess risk and manage the development and coaching of risk assessors. Understand the requirements of working with and processing confidential and sensitive information.
Qualifications – NEBOSH qualification to at least certificate level and willing to work towards NEBOSH Diploma.
Experience – Minimum 2 years experience working in a standalone Health & Safety advisory role. Experience of project work.
Functional Skills – IT Literate – Intermediate level on all aspects of Microsoft Office.
Competencies – You will be required to demonstrate a number of competencies, in particular the following which are critical to achieving success in the role: customer focus, planning and organising, communication, problem solving.