We are currently seeking a HSE Officer will be given the responsibility or ensuring all project works and the project site complies with all legislations and safety policies agreed within the project contract.
• Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
• Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
• Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
• Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
• Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
• Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
• Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
• Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
• Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
• Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
• Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
• Write, implement, and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
• Perform facility HSE Inspections
• Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic and challenging role with international focus and we provide competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact. Given the international remit of this role and our business, a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important. International travel will also be required.
• The ideal candidate holds an Academic or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any relevant discipline.
• Candidates with relevant diplomas and certifications will be given preference.
• The candidate has 7 years’ experience within health, safety and environment policies and procedures in construction projects.
• Candidates will be required to implement HSE policies that are compliant with those of the project.
• Required experience and competencies for this role:
• Excellent verbal and written skills;
• Strong business acumen;
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and experience:
• Ability to lead remote and local subordinates, communicate directions and ensure the demands and responsibilities of a distributed workforce are being met;
• Ability to deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism;
• Builds and maintains strong professional, trusted relationships with management, peers and staff;
• Provides guidance, persuades and influences decision makers;
• Enthusiastic and committed attitude toward work and task completion;
MODE OF APPLICATION
SEND YOUR CV to email@example.com