Health & Safety Officer at Skipper Seil Group – SNL Job in Lagos-Nigeria
Job Ref: SNL/LOS/001
Job type: Full-Time
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2019.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Developing measures to ensure personal safety in the office/project sites
- Ensure corrective measures are put in place for unsafe acts or conditions in the work environment & project sites through regular line of authority.
- Ensure there are safety messages in every unsafe situation and come up with an action plan.
- Investigate and report accidents that have occurred within incident areas and ensure immediate report to the appropriate authority.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of site safety and health plan (SSHP)
- Regularly review, be familiar and update knowledge on applicable legislation, standards and policies and ensure compliance.
- Organize and schedule all safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary
- Ensure all incident corrective actions are followed up and completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills / Knowledge
- First degree in Engineering/ Social Sciences or any related field
- Minimum 5+ years’ hands on experience as a HSE field Officer
- Certification in HSE would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to assess risk to company operations and activities.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Excellent Incident Investigation skills
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication, reporting, interpersonal, organization, stress management and analytic skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an updated Resume to: email@example.com the subject of the mail should be the Job Title Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted