Health & Safety Manager UK – Imperial Tobacco
Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non-tobacco brands.
In the UK, Imperial Tobacco is the market leader in the sale and distribution of a wide portfolio of iconic brands such as Lambert & Butler, JPS, Player’s and Golden Virginia.
Reporting to Head Human Resources, this role will be responsible for overseeing the UK & Ireland’s health, safety and environment activities to ensure Imperial meets all OHSE obligations. The role will partner effectively with various stakeholders and teams to build capability and deliver a full range of OHSE services.
An ability to effectively communicate, think pragmatically, influence and build credible relationships at all levels within the business will be critical to the success of the role. In addition, you must demonstrate the energy, drive and credibility to translate business needs into practical OHSE solutions.
This role will suite a dynamic individual, who thrives in a fast-paced and commercially focused business environment.
- Provide competent Health, Safety and Environment (OHSE) advice to UK & Ireland employees, including the review of policy and procedure to ensure the organisation is well positioned to fulfil its statutory obligations.
- Review UK & Ireland practices and where possible align to Group standards.
- To lead relevant OHSE Committee/s and chair the Management review meetings to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and prioritisation of OHSE activities.
- Maintain and apply a current working knowledge of all OHSE legislation to support organisational compliance at all times.
- Uphold and manage OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 Management systems, covering UK & Ireland.
- Support arrangements for crisis management, evacuation, fire and first aid for Bristol office.
- Responsible for reviewing reported OHSE incidents and near misses and analysing the data to ensure appropriate control measures are implemented and future risk is mitigated where possible.
- Responsible for collating OHSE data for accurate and timely submission of Non-Financial reporting (NFR) figures.
- Manage the relationships with external providers and ensure that processes enable compliance with the Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2005.
- To support third party audits of the system by the regulator and relevant assurance providers.
- Review and maintain risk assessments and ensure continual improvement to the management of risk within the workplace.
- Ensuring the planning and execution of internal OHSE audits through a managed audit schedule.
- Identify, develop and deliver appropriate OHSE training for employees at all levels within the organisation, ensuring they have the skills and tools to fulfil the requirements outlined in the organisations OHSE policy.
- Management systems experience with OHSAS18001 (essential) and ISO14001 (preferable)
- Ideally previous OHSE experience working with a large mobile work force
- Currently holds, or working towards a NEBOSH Diploma in relevant discipline
- Lead Auditor qualification
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.