Health, Safety & Environmental Officer BPP London
BPP is one of Europe’s leading providers of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees, professional qualification courses, professional development courses and published materials for education. We are currently looking for a team member to join the Property and Customer Service department, advising BPP’s UK and overseas businesses in all H&S and Environmental related activities. You would be part of a highly supportive and collaborative team and have an immensely varied and interesting role.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities, Property and Customer Service you will be responsible for the implementation, communication and coordination of all health, safety and environmental aspects working with the facilities management team at all BPP premises.
Within this role you will have the following areas of responsibility:
- H&S reporting for BPP
- Reporting Accident Stats for the monthly board report
- Advising staff and training CSA teams, overall staff H&S training compliance (DSE, Manual handling, fire etc)
- Working with facilities team during office moves and relocations
- CSR – work with stakeholders to develop CSR policies and procedures
- Working with HR team on occupational health cases
- Risk assessments, audits and site inspections
- Controlling all environmental matters
- Reviewing internal HSE policies and practices
- Providing written reports on HSE data
- Completing Tender Documentation for Client Services
- Liaising directly with contractors e.g FM provider and others
- Working collaboratively with other department on development of wellbeing and mental health events and initiatives
Skills, knowledge and experience required for role
As this is a very busy organisation you must have the ability to remain calm under pressure, be self-motivated and have a passion to support the entire organisation. We are looking for candidates who are keen to learn and progress within this growing Company.
- Ideally educated to degree-level in Environmental, CSR and/or H&S, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered.
- ISO14001 experience or willing to learn
- IOSH or NEBOSH Certificate (essential)
- Previous experience of H&S responsibilities at intermediate level within an education or retail environment
- Experience of undertaking a diverse range of tasks including facilities management and monitoring legal, technical and regulatory information
- A proactive approach to workload and areas of responsibility
- A ‘hands-on’ approach to work
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Able to make clear, concise decision