Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager Job in the U.S
Job Number: AKI04293
Develops, implements, and manages occupational Health, industrial Safety and Environmental (HS&E) strategies, conducts safety inspections and training; serves as consultant to subsidiary companies on safety issues, and performs related duties as required.
- Participates in tactical planning in support of HS&E initiatives
- Facilitates regulatory visits, manages emergency response incidents; implements corrective actions
- Conducts/leads training in applicable HS&E areas
- Interacts with subsidiary Senior Management Team as necessary; acts as liaison with all functional first line management and supervisors as appropriate
- Conducts regular safety audits, including the inspection of facilities,work sites, equipment, work practices and safety devices to ensure compliance with required workplace safety standards, government regulations; report finds to subsidiary President with recommendations of changes to establish safe work condition
- Implements corporate level medical surveillance program.
- Acts as primary corporate contact in the event of a reportable incident or on the job injury and follow up with communication to subsidiary Senior Management Tea
- Completes corporate level reporting for Federal (i.e. OSHA, BLS, EPA, etc.) and internal compliance.
- Acts as key contact to subsidiary regarding safety data needed for company proposal efforts. Prepares technical reports, policies, procedures, and directives. Assesses risk exposure using industry accepted sampling &monitoring techniques.
- Partners with subsidiary for indemnity loss reporting, investigation,correction, return to work, & claim closure process
- Leads, coaches, mentors and educates internal, as well as external, customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position will require travel ranging from 25 to 40% (CONUS) and will require the incumbent to drive a personal vehicle to work sites on occasion, as well as lease rental cars when on travel. Some travel is local and travel amount will vary based on corporate and customer demands.
- Bachelors degree in occupational Health, industrial Safety, Environmental science, Engineering, or similar technical field.
- Five (5) + years experience in HS&E management and loss prevention in diverse work environments including federal contracts and federal work locations.
- History of demonstrated performance, leadership and innovation.
- The ideal candidate will hold CIH/CSP certs or, within 90 days of start of employment. will have completed all professional requirements to be eligible to sit for CIH/CSP exams
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred, .
- Ability to obtain a top secret clearance.
- Valid U.S driver’s license.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal & state health, safety and environmental regulations, and industry practices is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety, and environment requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with experience creating Ad Hoc and summary reports.
- Proven experience researching corporate safety incidents and creating concise reports
- Experience conducting gap analyses and developing corrective action plans
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel form 25 to 40% of time overall and work at field locations up to 1week at a time.
- Must be competent with various software programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must have good problem resolution abilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work out in the field, on work sites with diverse customers and project locations, as well as in the corporate office.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
How To Apply
interested applicants can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.