Health, Safety & Environment Specialist Shanghai – ABB
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Contract type: Regular/Permanent
- Job function: Sustainability
- Publication ID: CN64576030_E4
As a Health, Safety & Environment Specialist, you will be part of the Industrial Automation Division and Marine & Ports Business Units (BU) based in Shanghai. ABB is the World leader in Industrial Automation (IA) division delivers integrated solutions for control, plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge and services to help process industry customers worldwide to meet their critical business needs in the areas of operational profitability, capital productivity, risk management and global responsibility. These industries include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals, cement, minerals, marine and turbocharging.
Your Tasks as a Health, Safety & Environment Specialist will include the following:
• Responsible for project site safety relevant training conduction, training records and certificate updating.
• Responsible for PPE purchasing and distribution, ensure the PPE are sufficient and qualified.
• Responsible for site safety tools management and timely calibration.
• Responsible for collection and updating of Marine and Crane industry safety laws and regulations and query answering internal and external per request.
• Responsible for site safety regular checking and audit and main safety correction actions following up, timely reminding managers if any gap fund.
• Responsible for keeping good partnership with safety responsible of customer or subcontractors for better coordination.
• To support site people solving site safety issues through phone call or site assessment per request.
• To support QEHS manager for site safety reporting consolidation.
• This role will report to site manager or project manager based on project, functionally report to QEHS manager.
• Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or above, major in Health, Safety & Environment coupled with at least 5 years of EHS experience.
• Experience in electrical operation or commissioning at site is preferred.
• Should be good at communication and teamwork spirit, and be ready to travel.
• Strong sense of responsibility and patient personality.
• Proactive and initiative, customer oriented.
• Good oral English and write.