Health Safety Environment Specialist Job in California
Company Name: Modis
Company Location: Costa Mesa, California
The Health Safety Environment Specialist is responsible for supporting the Electronics and Defense, Avionics in Costa Mesa, California. This person will support operational safety initiatives and committees to ensure full implementation and consistent execution of Safety Programs. The HSE Specialist will audit safety performance, interface with operations team and support other departments within HSE. Additionally this role will interact with operations leaders to ensure safety and operations strategies are properly integrated and implemented. The HSE Specialist must effectively control accident and health exposures in the company and minimize OSHA violations.
- Performs daily management of HSE process requirements on the manufacturing shop floor.
- Makes routine facility walkthroughs and safety inspections to determine if safe work practices are being deployed
- Leads the HSE employee engagement efforts, encouraging the submittal of and gathering employee HSE observations
- Reducing risk throughout the manufacturing floor working with employees and management by performing risk assessments
- Investigates accidents and assists with completion of accident report forms when required
- Assist HR with worker’s compensation if needed, mitigating risks, and implementing corrective actions
- Maintains safety/accident records, HSE observations, first aids, deviations and near miss records
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational or Industrial Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related field, and 1-3 years of health, safety, environmental experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Cal OSHA & EPA regulations
- Knowledge of FAA, emergency action plans and building safety
- Knowledge of hazardous materials
- Basic chemical knowledge skills
- Must possess the ability to run and analyze reports and data
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access)
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. We are unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity.