Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Manager Geovert Sydney
Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Work Type: Full Time
A little about us..
Geovert, is a world leading organisation providing innovative solutions in ground engineering and facility asset maintenance using restricted access rope access techniques. We offer a demonstrable history of excellence in project execution across a number of industry sectors. The company operates across the Australia and New Zealand with a growing presence in North America.
Who we are looking for..
The role requires the successful HSEQ Manager to act as an ambassador of change within the company. You will take our existing HSEQ framework and develop an integrated approach across all our business operations. Identify key issues and areas of development, simplify our documentation process, then implement and coordinate key work health safety and quality initiatives.
Responsibilities of the position..
- Ensure adequate induction and training is provided to enable all personnel to carry out their duties safely, effectively and efficiently
- Prepare and implement SWMS as required and review subcontractors SWMS prior to commencing works on site
- Advise senior management on HSEQ and ensure the company meets all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of project specific procedures, management plans and site documentation
- Identify safety training requirements and consult with the Project Manager for appropriate programs
- Deliver pragmatic, practical solutions that promote our already strong culture for safety and quality
- Conduct site safety inspection and documentation audits of project sites, workshop and offices
- Assist in the determination of the suitability of subcontractor’s management systems
- Assist to maintain accreditation to and ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and 18001
- Assist in the preparation of tenders as required Prepare/assist in EOI submissions.
- Conduct risk assessments on any new plant and/or equipment purchased
- Manage Workers Compensation and associated processes
- Review new procedures and manage their implementation
- Develop, maintain and report on agreed HSEQ metrics
- Conduct information and induction sessions
To succeed in this role, you will require:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Formal qualifications in safety, quality, and / or environmental management
- Previous experience with ISO certified systems and auditing
- Proven experience in managing construction / site personnel to produce excellent safety, quality and environmental outcomes
- Statistical reporting and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment
- A practical, hands on background in mining, infrastructure construction projects or infrastructure asset maintenance with knowledge of the tools and methods used will be highly regarded.
- Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment desirable
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to travel
- Current drivers licence
Candidates must also be able to pass a pre-employment medical assessment.
You must have the right to live and work permanently in Australia. This role is based in Sydney and has onsite parking available.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply through the ‘Make An Enquiry’ button and send your CV and cover letter to Careers@geovert.com and include HSEQ in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.