“We are looking for an advisor and expert in the field of Safety Health & Environment who wants to make the difference in one dynamic environment”
Bol.com is growing at lightning speed and in order to meet the increasing demand, bol.com opened its own fulfillment center in Waalwijk in 2017. A sustainable building with the BREEAM certification outstanding where extensive account is taken of sustainability in the form of, among other things, green and energy-friendly solutions and an optimal working climate. In addition to this fulfillment center, bol.com has other locations where packages are sent. Bol.com is still growing rapidly and new locations are being opened to facilitate growth. This brings with it the necessary challenges. For example, in 2019 the construction of a second fulfillment center will be started, next to the current one, in about the same order of magnitude.
As a Health Safety & Environment Coordinator you are responsible for achieving and maintaining the safety and environmental scores for the locations in Waalwijk. You coordinate all matters in the field of BHV and ensure a safe working environment in accordance with the rules that apply in a logistics center. In addition, you ensure that operations in the field of safety and the environment continue to develop. You are involved in the construction of the new fulfillment center, BFC2 and advise on the subjects in your field. Bol.com works with multiple service parties, in which HSE is an important component. This role therefore requires solid stakeholder management.
In the long run you will have the opportunity to further develop and gain a broader responsibility. Bol.com broad advises you on Safety Health & Environment related topics. You are also involved in various projects that in a practical sense support the growth of bol.com such as the opening of any other locations. You are present at the weekly and monthly meetings and guarantee the policies of the partners of bol.com and make a professionalisation. You report to the Lead Facility BFC and work closely with the team on location and the partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drafting policy on Health, Safety and Environment for the location in Waalwijk and other locations
- Ensure that policy is complied with by bol.com employees and partners
- Ensure that the activities comply with the health and safety legislation
- Ensure that activities in the field of HSE comply with legislation and the guidelines of bol.com
- Increasing HSE awareness within the bol.com logistics organization
- Supervise and ensure that work processes and work instructions are up to date
- Drafting and updating of annual planning analyzes & controls in support of the HSE policy
- Preparing, following up and supervising audits
- Recording risks and reporting risk analyzes
- Ensuring communication towards the MT of bol.com after incidents
- Responsible for the BHV organization
Who are you?
You represent your field and know the hat and the edge when it comes to Safety Health & Environment. Through your communicative skills and connecting capacity you know how to transfer your knowledge in a pleasant way and you ensure that rules and procedures are followed. You are firmly in your shoes and do not let the cheese eat from your bread. As a person you get energy to step forward and for the organization you are also visible and approachable. You are strong in policy and have an eye for what is going on in the workplace. With your colleagues you like to build up a nice working relationship and humor is also important in his time. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment where the pace is high and you get energy from it.
- Completed HBO education, preferably higher safety or similar
- 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a logistic or production environment
- Demonstrable experience in the field of health and safety management
- Experience with risk inventory & evaluations
- Flexible use
- Own transport
- Quality conscious
- Stress resistant