Health & Safety Coordinator Holcim United States
- Requisition ID: 2018-4135
Travel: Local travel to Tulsa, OK
- Position Type: Salaried Full-Time
Category: Health & Safety
- Job Locations: US-KS-Fredonia
Company: Holcim (US) Inc.
Support and challenge the management line and all employees of the area he has been assigned in reducing their risk exposure and defining the actions to mitigate risk and achieve zero accidents and occupational illnesses throughout the organization. Provide the expertise and support to implement the LH Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) and strengthen the H&S competencies across the organisation. The incumbent must provide day to day guidance to management, staff and supervisors in continued building of a strong H&S culture.
This position will be based out of Fredonia, KS and support both our Fredonia and Tulsa operations located at:
1420 South Cement Road, Fredonia, KS 66736
2802 N 145th East Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74116
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- In line with the LafargeHolcim Group Health & Safety (H&S) Strategy and taking into account LafargeHolcim US Cement priorities:
- Provide H&S expertise and support to site management and supervisors for the management of H&S
- Support and challenge the line in defining and prioritizing the actions to implement long term country and site H&S strategy.
- Use and provide specialized H&S knowledge and experience to help site leadership drive behavioral changes in the business to reduce incidents and become an industry world reference in H&S.
- Translate strategic vision into comprehensive and pragmatic improvement plans to meet or exceed H&S ambitions set up at country level.
- Actively participate in working with the rest of H&S team in proposing, communicating and implementing the Group and Country H&S strategy.
- Play a leadership role in the US H&S group to provide expertise on two or three critical H&S topics, becoming the subject matter expert for the US organization.
- Define the relevant dashboard to track the safety momentum and performance of the sites he has been assigned. Support collection, analysis and distribution of relevant KPI.
- Coach and assist supervisors and managers on incident investigations.
- Works with HR and site management to provide support on best working conditions and safe working environment (for night shift personnel, office and job place ergonomics, etc…)
- Participate and/or lead safety audits on sites/entities as per the group’s yearly schedule.
- Works with the Hygienist Specialist and site leadership teams to ensure regulatory and group compliance regarding exposure and monitoring of vibrations, noise, dust and other chemical agents.
- Assist site leadership in their communications with MSHA and OHSA.
- Advise, assist and support local operations regarding compliance with federal, state and local regulatory compliance. Assists the sites during MSHA inspections and investigations, providing local management with the expertise to interpret regulatory compliance issues and the capacity to challenge inspectors findings.
- Ensure regular benchmark and implementation of good practices from other sites or companies.
- Participates in Management of Change (MOC) programs including conducting Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) reviews, maintaining and/or creating PSM standards/procedures, and conducting training as needed.
- Provides technical safety and engineering insight for the management of facility Process Safety Management (PSM) and OSHA systems and programs. Provides support for the maintenance of facility PSM systems and programs to comply with current and future PSM requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Partner with site management teams and H&S coordinators from US (Cement and ACM)
- Support and guide plant/site employees, especially supervisors and middle managers to build strong H&S leadership skills.
- Collaborate with peers in other businesses/geographies to leverage good practices and ensure consistency of approaches and culture.
- Work closely with HR to coordinate training and development program for his area of responsibility
- Work closely with HR on the safety and loss control aspects of the following programs.
- Worker Compensation Program
- Return-to-work (Light/Modified Duty) Program
- Occupational Medical Evaluation Program
- Disciplinary and Consequence Management Program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor’s/Undergraduate Degree or years of equivalent experience.
Additional Education Preferred: Master’s/Graduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Engineering, Chemistry, Occupational H&S, HSE
Required Work Experience: 5-7 years
MSHA and OSHA experience (preferred), DOT experience (preferred), Experience in Management Systems and Continuous Improvement cycle: ISO – 9000, or ISO 14.000 or OHSAS 18.000 (preferred), Experience in configuring, defining and implementing SOP
Required Training/Certifications: Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Required Computer and Software Skills: Proficient in MS Office and Google software programs: Excel, PPT, Word, G-Drive Knowledge of document management software (preferred), familiar with Health and Safety management systems. (which may include ISO standards)
Travel Requirements: Required local travel to Tulsa site bi-monthly or as needed.
- Sound knowledge of H&S principles, policies, procedures and regulations. Sound knowledge of business operating processes and procedures. Sound working knowledge of federal/state legislation per MSHA/WSIA/OHSA. Must provide honest, objective feedback to management.
- Building effective teams
- Influencing others
- Customer focus
- Decision Quality
- Action oriented
- Time management
- Management through systems
- Standing alone