Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager London
- Job reference: 920442
- Location: London
- Salary: GBP40000 – GBP60000 per annum
- Job type: Permanent
- Sector: Construction Management, Construction & Infrastructure
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HS&W) Manager required for one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, planning and sustainability.
Salary – £40,000-60,000
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HS&W) Manager
Full time (40 hours per week), with mix of office and site-based locations.
A full-time position to be the HS&W Manager for environmental survey contracts during the enabling and early works of a major rail infrastructure project.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be the primary competent person for matters of Health and Safety, with additional duties related to the integration and roll out of wellbeing initiatives.
It is possible this role may evolve into a Group HS and W role with responsibility to the Group CEO. As such, broad experience in HS and W matters and the corporate environment could be a distinct advantage.
Qualifications: Minimum NEBOSH Diploma
Professional membership: Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH) or equivalent.
Experience: minimum 5 years (ideally 10-15) in similar roles and experienced at a senior manager level. Rail and major project experience preferred with a good understanding of the corporate/consultancy environment.
- Health and safety management systems;
- Accident investigation;
- Risk assessment and method statement review;
- Knowledge of UK H&S legislation and Network Rail policies, systems and processes, and;
- Ability to present and/or train to others on project.
- Passionate about the role of HS&W leadership;
- Willingness to travel to client offices and sites;
- Able to work constructively with demanding client;
- Able to work to deadlines and ensure others do the same;
- Able to deal with and influence stakeholders;
- Able to work independently and holding self to account;
- Able to multitask and have a flexible approach to workload.
- Supporting the PM and PD to ensure the delivery of the project in line with HS&W requirements;
- Site visits for both formal, e.g. inspections/compliance checks, tool box talks, etc;
- Informal briefing and discussions with the survey teams to assess what is working well and what is not working well and helping resolve issues;
- Leading the coordination, review of the weekly completion of the safe systems of work (RAMs) and that of our supply chain, including approving and issue;
- Acting as competent person for HS&W;
- Incident investigation and reporting;
- Coordinate and liaise the induction of site staff and subcontractor’s staff with the Client’s project, their systems and processes;
- Creation of means to recognise and reward positive behaviour;
- Development of suitable training programmes;
- Setting up suitable indicators, monitoring and reporting performance.
- Reviewing all client requirements, and corporate requirements and ensuring suitable plans, process and procedures are in place, and;
- Liaising with the Business System Manager to ensure compliance with the HS&W requirements on the project.