Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager London
Company: STS – A&C – EAAA
Location: Woking, England
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager to join our team in Woking. The successful candidate will be responsible with promoting health and safety as the company core value on the project. You will ensure project compliance to all relevant HSSE rules, regulations, corporate and project requirements. Whilst managing subcontractor and vendor project HSSE activities in line with project objectives.
At this time, we will only consider applications from EU citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Be the project’s offshore HSSE representative, lead, manage, and continuously advance the project HSSE culture.
- Be the projects offshore security point of contact.
- Establish, implement and maintain the project HSSE & security management system, including support manuals, plans procedures, documentation, and reporting systems.
- Ensure all applicable site safety requirements are adhered to at the planned offsite facility and monitor the facility’s HSSE progress.
- Ensure the project is in compliance with the client’s, corporate Mustang and Wood Plc HSSE & security requirements, local and national rules and regulations, at sites and abroad.
- Liaise and interface effectively with HSSE & security professionals locally and at sites as and when required.
- Report to the MAC (Main Automation Contractor) project manager and other stakeholders on the performance of the project on HSSE & security matters, the integrity of the project HSSE management systems, and any need for improvement.
- Provide training, guidance and assistance as needed on matters relating to the continuous improvement of HSSE & security on the project. Ensure training is conducted for office and field employees.
- Report and analyse near-miss and incident causes, also hazards to health or environment.
- Support the project documentation review process and safety in design requirements.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents and injuries and compile and submit accident reports and statistics required by the organisation.
- Lead and plan the Project Incident Injury Free Safety away-day program.
- Perform and participate in project walkthroughs.
- Participate and encourage participation in the project HSSE BBS programme.
- Maintain project HSSE files and records.
- HNC or degree in an engineering subject
- Proven related experience in HSSE Management
- NEBOSH Diploma in H&S Management or equivalent
- Functional understanding of all planning, engineering, and field construction activities related to the oil & gas industry
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor, IOSH Technician or chartered individual
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance analysis, HSSE system development & implementation, and HSSE management system audits; HSSE compliance assessments
- Working knowledge of HSSE planning & project execution
- Working knowledge of documentation development, control & record keeping
- Working knowledge of incident/accident investigation and injury case management
- Working knowledge of behaviour based safety and environmental aspects
- Working knowledge of security management and hazard identification
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and controls
- Effective and engaging communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong planning, leadership and organisational skills
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC145326 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.