Health, Safety and Environment Administrator Job in Canada – CANA Energy Ltd
- Closing Date: 1 Aug 2019
- Location: Calgary AB
- Type: Full-Time
CANA Group has been serving Alberta’s commercial, high voltage and utility construction sectors for over seven decades. From the electrical substations and utility lines that keep our homes bright and warm, to the structures in which we work and play, to the streetlights that guide us home at the end of the day, CANA has likely touched the lives of you or your loved ones each day in Alberta.
We have provided reliable and trusted service since the 1940s. Our dependability has been recognized with our membership as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies since 2002. The success of the company over the past seven decades has been largely due to the passion and dedication of our employees. We are built on the strength of our people. We hire the very best employees; ones that bring a high level of enthusiasm and commitment with them to work each and every day.
Detailed Job Description
CANA Energy Ltd is actively looking for a HS&E Administrator to join our Safety Team in our Southeast Calgary Office. The HS&E administrator will provide support to the HS&E Team in the administration, implementation and maintenance of CANA Energy Environmental, Health and Safety programs.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Interpersonal skills;
- Effectiveness in communication – verbal and written;
- Management of multiple assignments;
- Encourage, educate and promote safety awareness to employees;
- Timely completion of assigned tasks
- Establish and maintain relationships with client HS&E administrative personnel.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Facilitation of orientations and successful onboarding of new hires;
- Organization and facilitation of owner/client required orientations and training;
- Manage Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS), Workplace Hazardous Materials and Information Training Systems (WHMIS) and Ground Disturbance Training Systems.
- Organization and collation of all field generated safety data associated with incident reporting, field audits, hazard assessments, Field Level Hazard Assessments, Permit Record books, drivers logs, etc;
- Organization and collation of claims management data (WCB) while maintaining confidentiality of personal information. Assistance in WCB claims reporting and correspondence;
- Administration of HS&E employee training record keeping matrix;
- Support and upkeep of online pre-qualification processes ie. ISNetworld, Complyworks, CQN Advantage, Avetta, and other HS&E data bases;
- Assist with the application of modified duties to recovering workers, and administration of the CANA return to work policy;
- Assist in the generation and tracking of safety statistical data for monthly, quarterly, and annual HS&E reports;
- Administration of all updates to the HS&E manual and related safety documents;
- Facilitating and participating in field site inspections;
- Preparing site safety plans, conducting hazard assessments, incident investigations and risk assessments, as required;
- Assist in the administration of the CANA Incident Management process by acting as a central point of contact for work leaders, and connecting with designated Safety Advisors for assistance / guidance;
- Work with the safety team to create monthly safety meeting materials to be reviewed by crews;
- Work with the safety team to create Safety alerts stemming from incident remedial actions.
- Knowledge of workplace health principles.
- Certification as a National Construction Safety Administrator would be an asset.
- Experience / familiarity with the electrical utility industry (high voltage) would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Positive attitude, strong client focus and results driven;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with internal and external customers, stakeholders and co-workers;
- Excellent organizational skills that demonstrates the ability to resolve conflicting priorities;
- Completion of formalized training in Excel and Word computer systems are considered an asset.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidential information;
- Ability to maintain professional conduct with both Internal and external parties
- Willing to work in a team environment in the Calgary head office.
- Regular work week, with optional Bi-weekly Fridays off.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CANA offers a well-rounded compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with candidates experience and skill set
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical
- Personal Protective Equipment Annual Allowance
- Apprentice Financial Assistance
In addition, CANA offers all its employees:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Progressive family-oriented workplace in diversified and fast evolving business sectors
- Commitment to training and providing a wealth of opportunities for career development