Location: Stanford le Hope United Kingdom
Deadline: 17th September 2019
Vacancy exist for the post of a Health & Safety Advisor in United kingdom.
The purpose of the H&S Advisor is to be able to conduct internal audits and to offer expert knowledge and skills to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture, improving H&S practices, working towards zero harm. Whilst also being responsible for the development and maintenance of the OHS management system, to ensure compliance with internal and external standards.
- Following and Promoting Health and Safety compliance objectives and ensuring that global, regional and internal targets are achieved;
- Provision of advice on all H&S matters for achieving best practice standards;
- Liaising with staff, contractors and third parties throughout the organisation to ensure HS procedures and processes are implemented and functioning as required
- Liaising with staff, contractor and third parties on any procedural changes which may be required and seeing through to their implementation;
- Delivering Health and Safety related training and Induction;
- Collating and analysing Health and Safety performance data and charts against defined parameters, which assist in monitoring performance;
- Writing technical management systems and reports, documentation for standards such as OHSAS 18001;
- Persuading reluctant staff and contractors to change their way of working;
- Liaising with direct customers and external auditors ensuring the execution of corrective action;
- Assisting and Supplying information for contractor and supplier tenders;
- Devise, develop and monitor effective Risk Assessment management strategies and make recommendations on the implementation of these strategies;
- Consult with senior managers, other line managers, staff and contractors to give appropriate advice on best-practices, policies and procedures;
- Carry out or arrange workplace safety audits and inspections ensuring that any remedial recommendations are implemented;
- Organise an internal audit program to satisfy the management system requirements for OHSMS certification, including conducting internal audits;
- Audit, review, and maintain the OHSMS document suite to ensure continual compliance with relevant legislation.
- Champion Management of Change process and ensure actions are progressed to completion and appropriate close out.
- Carry out audit and inspections on sites which fall within the requirements of CDM;
- Champion on suitable and sufficient PPE for employees and contractors
- Champion in COSHH assessment advice and ensuring completion against UK legislation
Qualifications, skills and Experience Required:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, or NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice, or equivalent;
- OHS Management Systems Internal or Lead Auditor Training;
- Knowledge of the requirements of OHSAS 18001 Safety Management Systems, and/or ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems;
- Experience in developing and maintaining OHSMS audit programmes;
- Experience in writing and maintaining OHSMS documents;
- Knowledge of UK OHS legislative requirements;
- The ability to present to a large varied group of staff, construction workers and interested parties;
- Ability to influence and negotiate;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Port experience and/or experience of working in high-risk industry as an OHS professional;
- Develop and carry out an internal OHSMS audit programme to ensure compliance with relevant OHSMS Standard(s);
- Ability and experience to communicate with various roles from operations, managers and engineers.
- Knowledge of risk management, competency frameworks, human factors, incident investigation and root cause analysis and safety culture
- Good Word/Excel skills
- Able to travel independently through the DP World group as required and independently throughout the UK to promote best practice
- Act as deputy to H&SS Manager and Senior H&S Advisor as required.
How to Apply:
If your qualification meets the above requirement for this job, you can submit an updated copy of your CV below.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE article, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you