Health & Safety Advisor Job in Canada
Our client, an established midstream Oil & Gas organization is looking to add a Health & Safety Advisor to their team. This is a full time permanent position based just outside Hamilton, in Waterdown, Ontario.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the H&S Advisor role will develop, implement and assess safety programs and H&S analytics. Working within a small team, this individual will provide technical expertise and support on the application of regulatory requirements, approvals and management systems.
- Conduct gap analysis and audit of health and safety programming; prepare reports and work plans prioritized based on risk to find solutions and efficiencies. Identify risks, trends in root cause and recommend controls
- Develop metrics and prepare performance reports
- Assist in development of procedures and positions on health and safety related regulatory issues, and standard operating procedures
- Participate in or lead investigations to determine root cause and develop corrective actions as well as assist in the preparation of incident reports
- Provide support in case of emergencies; assist in development of site contingency planning and emergency response
- Coordinate H&S related training
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant discipline required (Safety, Engineering etc.)
- Minimum 4 – 5 years of progressive health & safety experience within the Oil & Gas / Energy / Infrastructure Industry
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Health & Safety Consultant (CSSE)
- Previous exposure to pipeline operations is a desirable asset
- Ability to conduct occasional field audits, site visits to terminals & pump stations
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario health and safety legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines etc.
- MS Office Proficiency
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Work Life Balance
- Integrated Work Culture & Team
- Internal Growth Potential