Health And Safety Training Child Care
Health And Safety Training Child Care is all about training child care attendants and mothers on the safety measures required to take care of their children. This training will teach Child Care Attendants & Mothers how to take care of children by keeping them safe and healthy at different stages of their development.
This training explores how to fulfil children’s needs, give them the right food and environment to grow, protect them against abuse and neglect and encourage play for learning and experience.
Child Care Health And Safety Training Online
- Alison Child Care – Health and Safety: There are some child care health and safety training online, one of such is the “Alison Child Care – Health and Safety“.
See other available child care courses here
- Better Kid Care’s online professional development: Better Kid Care’s online professional development meets the CCDBG training requirements for health and safety in many states. The overview module covers basic health and safety requirements and best practices outlined in the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Reauthorization of 2016.
Register for the course here
- Child Care Central: Here is the course module, follow this link to join the course here
- Child Care Technical Assistance Network: The Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014 (CCDBG Act of 2014) reauthorizes the funding for federal child care assistance through the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF). The law makes key statutory changes to better balance the program’s dual purposes of promoting families’ economic self-sufficiency by making child care more affordable while also fostering healthy child development and school success by improving the overall quality of early learning and afterschool programs. The law also more clearly defines health and safety requirements for child care providers, outlines family-friendly eligibility policies, and ensures that parents and the general public have transparent information about the child care choices available to them. Find resources here to help you learn more about the CCDF health and safety training requirements.
Follow this link to register for Child Care Technical Assistance Network here
Other Health And Safety Training Child Care Courses includes –
Managing Health and Safety in Child Care (12 hours training)
Written for all types of childcare facilities and homes, this course will help you provide a healthy and safe environment for young children. This course covers indoor and outdoor safety concerns, safe food handling, Universal Precautions and Standard Precautions, and other aspects of disease prevention, as well as recognizing and reporting child abuse. This course includes specific strategies to strengthen families in order to reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect.
- The importance of natural light for health
- Ways to minimize children’s exposure to noise pollution
- Why environmental toxins are harmful to children
- Ways to minimize children’s exposure to environmental toxins
- Ways to prevent poisoning accidents
- The importance of nutrition and physical exercise in early childhood
- Safe food-handling procedures
- Hygienic toothbrushing routines
- Sanitary hand-washing and diaper changing techniques
- Symptoms of communicable diseases that may affect children
- General requirements of excluding children with communicable diseases from attendance
- Guidelines for reporting instance of communicable diseases to health officials
- Ways to minimize the spread of communicable diseases
- What to do when a communicable disease is diagnosed for suspected
- Ways to keep children’s play equipment and their indoor and outdoor space safe
- Special safety considerations for infants and toddlers
- Guidelines for handling accidents and injuries
- Vehicle safety precautions
- Fire safety precautions
- Guidelines for administering medication to children
- Ways to ensure children’s safety when they leave the early childhood facility
- The definition, signs, and results of child abuse and neglect
- How to report child abuse and neglect
- Some reasons for child abuse and neglect
- Common traits of abusive and neglectful parents
- Ways to help children who have been abused and neglected
Follow to register for the training here
In conclusion, as a caregiver, mother or child attendant, it is pertinent to get trained on “Health And Safety Training Child Care”. This will help you to take care of children by keeping them safe and healthy at different stages of their development.