Health And Safety Specialist Job in Canada
Company Name: ABC Technologies
Company Location:North York, Ontario, Canada
ABC Group is a world class automotive parts supplier, internationally recognized for our proprietary blow molding technology and highly advanced manufacturing systems. Innovation has made us an industry leader, but it is our people that make us a great place to work. So, while you may join us for the opportunity to be involved in challenging work, we are confident that you will want to stay and grow alongside equally team-driven people who thrive in our exciting and fast-changing environment.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Health & Safety Specialist
Provide the resources necessary for the implementation and maintenance of an environmental system in line with ISO 14000 and to maintain and implement health and safety standards.
All duties are carried out in the spirit of promoting a co-operative work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
It is your responsibility and the responsibility of all employees to perform your work safely, with consideration and adherence to legislative requirements and our established health and safety policies and procedures.
· Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Occupational H&S Studies
· 2-5 years’ experience in a Health & Safety leadership role
· Experience in manufacturing environment
· Familiar with OHSAS 18001 or other H&S auditing experience is an asset
· ISO 14001 auditing experience
· Perform hazard & risk assessments and develop control measures
· Experience in assisting with health and safety training and program development
Candidate must be able and committed to staying up to date with business and technological developments and contribute to continuous improvements.
Must be able to travel to different locations and attend to work issues where and when they occur.
· Writes and maintains generic procedures for Health & Safety Management system
· Assists in the development and implementation of site-specific environmental goals and targets
· Assists site managers in completing periodic hazard and risk assessments
· Develops and maintains a list of applicable legal and other requirements for health & safety and communicates any changes to plants to ensure legislative compliance, on a timely basis.
· Conducts health & safety compliance & H&S system audits – for facilities in Canada.
· Identifies processes that demonstrate health/safety risk and assists in the development of operational controls to minimize risks.
· Analyzes health & safety data for trends and assist sites with corrective action plans
· Performs accident investigations
· Provides assistance with external regulatory visits and findings i.e. OSHA, fire dept., EPA, etc. access, gate keeping.
If you are qualified for this role, please send your resume and salary expectations to:
ABC Group would like to thank all applicants. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
** Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job process are available upon request