Health and Safety Specialist FGF Brands Canada
Job Type: Full Time
The main responsibility of the Health & Safety Specialist is to encourage and ensure the continuous improvement of Health and Safety performance by regular auditing, producing actions plans, identifying key risks, producing reports and working with operations leaders to ensure full compliance. The incumbent will act as a subject matter expert and offer the necessary support in investigating serious accidents, harassment complaints and safety auditing.
- Take the lead on all Harassment Investigations including root-cause analysis and provide probable causes of incidents and recommendations for resolution and appropriate corrective and preventative measure.
- Conduct daily walk through inspections of the Plant. This includes monthly equipment checks (fire extinguishers, spill kits, ladders, eye wash stations, etc.), and regular spot checks. Spot Checks should include random checks on team member knowledge on policies and procedures, and PPE
- Participate in and revitalize Joint Health and Safety Committee activities and functions
- Conduct training, as appropriate
- Lead the PSR Project
- Contractor Safety Management
- Ensure Occupational Health & Safety compliance with H&S laws and regulations
- Assist in making safety a behavior not just a policy
- Be available to resolve issues and spend time coaching on the production floor
- Be up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all H&S legislation and any developments that affect FGF
- Undertake risk assessments, site inspections and identify potential hazards
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal /communication skills
- Proven competency in fostering a Health & Safety environment
- Manufacturing experience required
- Customer and Product Centricity – Responds to the needs of both internal and external customers in a timely and courteous manner, showing a sense of urgency; always keeping our products front and centre.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability – Adapts to changes; changes strategy in response to new information; responds appropriately and quickly without having all parameters defined; demonstrate tolerance for speed and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of a plan or activity. Is effective in building constructive relationships; uses tact; interacts with others in an open, friendly manner, encourages collaboration.
- Passion for Excellence – Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendation to increase productivity in quality of work; develops innovative solutions, challenges the status quo. To be the best, never compromising.
- Drives Execution – Takes risks, learn from their mistakes, builds trust and is a role model to others. Has a “hands-on” style; is aggressive in achieving desired results.