Health and Safety Manager South Wales
Location: South Wales
Job Type: Permanent
We are currently seeking an experienced and professional Health and Safety Manager to join an established and growing business covering two manufacturing sites in South Wales. The successful person for this role will have strong leadership and engagement skills, possessing demonstrable ability to influence employees at all levels whilst ensuring H&S legislation compliance.
- To actively promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the organisation.
- Develop health and safety management systems including quality assurance systems and compliance with external audits.
- Managing and co-ordinating audits, including liaising with external contractors.
- Supporting and developing the health, safety and environmental strategy.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and incorporate any updates in law into the health and safety policy.
- Business risk analysis and risk assessments – maintaining the register for risk assessments.
- Reducing the number of health and safety incidents to a minimum.
- Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
- To carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents.
- To recommend & implement control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Advise the General Manager of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- To identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance. Arrange such training/certification once identified.
- Maintain the asset register for statutory inspections and examinations (PUWER/LOLER/Work at Height).
- COSHH and Fire Regulation compliance
Preparing and delivering toolbox talks relating to health and safety.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role/environment is essential.
- An industry recognised qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Credible experience in health and safety, at a management level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to work with, provide advice to, train, and promote excellence in Health and Safety to all staff.
- Experience of working with senior management.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.