Health and Safety Manager – New – London, UK
Company: Nationwide Accident Repair Services
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 207311795
Job Ref.: VP43F87268-269593
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company car
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers
- Workplace Pension and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- IMI (ATA) Accreditation Support, through our Nationwide Academy
- Mobile Phone Discount Scheme and My Nationwide Car Scheme
- My Nationwide Rewards, which includes discounts at Major supermarkets, High Street retailers, Travel & much more! Average saving is around £500 per year.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver formal training in “Supervising Staff Safely Level 2” provided by the
British Safety Council to Site Managers (SM) and Health-Safety Coordinators (HSC).
- Deliver education and training to employees through toolbox talks, multi-media and other means to raise awareness and encourage positive health-safety culture in the business to prevent ill health and accidents..
- Engagement with employees to establish positive health-safety culture in the workplace.
- Manual handling training at sites.
- Execution of company health-safety plan in the workplace.
- Evaluate current practices, procedure and facilities to assess risk and compliance to the law.
- Enforcement of polices and regulations to comply with legal requirements.
- Inspection of plant, equipment and tooling to identify issues and provide corrective action.
- Site support to HSC and SMs to maintain best practice to establish compliance.
- Site audit-inspections to observe employees and operational processes for compliance to policies and regulations.
- Desktop auditing for compliance with Standards and Compliance on-line Recording System (SCORS).
- Annual site audit and compilation of corrective action plan (CAP) to address issues.
- Review of HS site meetings.
- Supporting Employment Liability (EL) insurance claims by providing technical support.
- Installation of technician monitoring hardware and monthly monitoring where applicable.
- Accident and near miss investigation to establish cause and preventative action.
- Reporting to HSE; RIDDOR.
- Development of specific Risk Assessment for individuals.
- Liaison with HSE and other government agencies at sites.
On-going review and development of HS management system in collaboration with the Standards and Compliance Team.
What we think good looks like
As a Health and Safety Manager we would like you to have an interest and passion in what we do. With a professional appearance we would also appreciate it if you are a team player and are self-motivated with sound work ethic. You will have excellent communication skills written and verbal with the ability to write comprehensive reports as well as being experienced in using Word and Excel. You must possess strong organisational skills with attention to detail, excellent observational skills and the ability to build strong effective relationships. You will have the skills to be able to deliver presentations, resolve conflicts with strong time management. It is also essential hat you can work under pressure. Previous experience within Health and Safety is a given and as this is a UK wide role you must have a full and valid UK/EU driving license and be flexible enough to stay away from home for long periods of time.
– Clear understanding of HSE guidelines
– Good knowledge of risk assessment
– Valid qualification in occupational health-safety
– Enthusiasm to join our team. We are One Nationwide, One Team
Press the Apply button now to start your application.
Once you have applied for the job, we will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If you match the job, we will be in touch with you to advise you of the next stage in the process.
Nationwide is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes all applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: On accepting an offer of employment with Nationwide, you are providing us with permission and consent to proceed with our reference and vetting process. Our offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and in some cases a criminal records check. We may require information that covers the last 6 years of your employment and personal history. You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. Please ensure you have this information available.