Health and Safety Manager Job in London
- Closing Date for Applications – 25 April 2019
- Health & Safety
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create
great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
At Heathrow we value the Health and Safety (H&S) of our colleagues, passengers, and neighbours above all else. Our focus on health and safety is not just the right thing to do, it is the foundation of an efficient operation, a secure airport and a sustainable business. Covering everything from occupational health through to fire and workplace H&S, this can be a high-risk environment and it’s down to us to help manage those risks.
The Heath and Safety Team at Heathrow is growing and strengthening, and we now have a vacancy for a Health and Safety Manager. The role will report to Heathrow’s H&S Director, be part of the central H&S team and provide support primarily to the Engineering Function.
In the role of the Health and Safety Manager – Engineering, you will
• Through effective partnering with Executive Directors & their Leadership Teams, develop and implement business units safety improvement plans that are aligned to and connected with the company strategies
• Proactively identify, plan and meet the safety needs of the business units they are aligned to drawing on expertise and resources in the central team to support delivery
• Be a trusted technical experts in fire safety and health and safety
• Work collaboratively with members of the Health and Safety leadership team to develop and deliver the H&S strategy, priorities, plans and ultimately safety culture
• Proactively challenge assumptions and ‘the way its always been done’; provide constructive feedback
• Proactively seek creative solutions to problems, generating alternatives and new perspectives. Avoid bureaucracy and keeping things simple at all times
• Maintain objective viewpoint and highest level of integrity in everything they do leading by example at all times;
• Provide assurance of effectiveness of the local safety arrangements
· Ensure the Business units health and safety governance – including trade unions, is established and working effectively
We’re looking for people who have:
· Health and Safety experience, ideally gained in a 24/7, high-volume footfall environment in a sector like oil and gas, steel, construction, transport, utilities or manufacturing
· Proven experience operating in a senior Health and safety role, with and Engineering, asset management or rail background
· A proven track record of effective stakeholder management skills within a complex and unionised environment
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret and present data in a meaningful way
· A safety professional who holds a NEBOSH diploma in occupation Health and Safety qualification.