Health and Safety Engineer LyondellBasell United States
Seniority Level: Entry level
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Mansfield, TX, US
Heatlh and Safety Engineer (CCE) – Mansfield, TexasHealth and Safety Engineer (CCE) – Mansfield, Texas As a member of our HSE team, you will provide occupational health & safety engineering support by identifying and resolving industrial hygiene and safety related issues and initiating performance improvement for the U.S. Compounding, Catalyst and Ethanol (CCE) Manufacturing Sites.
- Support and provide direction to the site’s industrial hygiene and/or safety programs.
- Maintain ownership of assigned site health and safety programs/systems.
- Develop a basic knowledge of the units and processes to which the regulations and requirements must be applied and be able to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure site compliance with corporate Health & Medical Management standard.
- Perform health risk assessments for all stressors and follow-up reviews every 3 years thereafter.
- Manage company standard database solution to including monitoring results, risk assessment documentation, and risk prioritization.
- Ensure effectiveness of Hazard Communication programs including coordination with site administrators of corporate SDS management system solution.
- Coordinate with site personnel and corporate occupational health nurse to ensure site medical surveillance requirements are risk-based and proper job descriptions are available for return to work process.
- Performing employee IH monitoring, training site personnel in monitoring techniques, and overseeing a monitoring program.
- Active participation in company health network meetings.
- Development and communication of annual health report for each facility.
- Establish metrics, monitor performance and progress.
- Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions when rule ambiguity exists.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene or related technical discipline.
- 6 to 10 years of professional experience, with at least 2 years in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) strongly preferred.
- Regulatory and technical knowledge. Must possess a strong knowledge of Ergonomics, PPE selection, training and use, Hearing conservation programs, Health Risk Assessment including monitoring and OSHA regulations.
- Excellent communication, presentation, systemic thinking and interpersonal skills to help the HSE department, operations, and other functional groups implement those process changes or procedures necessary to comply with the regulations and requirements.
- Able to communicate across multiple levels within the site and in different group settings.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with potentially competing priorities.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time with decreasing travel as key systems and relationships are established.
- Ability to represent company with regulatory agencies.