Health and Safety Coordinator job in U.S
Location: Holland, MI, US
To establish and promote safe and healthy working conditions, and recommend measures to reduce or eliminate industrial accidents and health hazards in compliance with Federal and State safety and health regulations. Provides primary care and management of occupational injuries and illnesses. Establish and maintain all Federal and State environmental regulations.
- Assist in developing and implement employee health and wellness programs to promote general health maintenance and safe, healthful work practices of all employees.
- Assist in conducting safety training with all new hires during orientation and provide ongoing training and education regarding safety policy and procedures.
- Provide case management for injured employees between physicians, therapy treatment, and the insurance company.
- Administers first aid care to employees using good judgment, methods and skills.
- Performs First Responder duties during emergencies.
- Assist with all OSHA programs related to workers compensation, MSDS management, and environmental regulations.
- Maintain records of persons treated.
- Displays a positive attitude towards safety, works safely, follows all company policies and reports all unsafe and unhealthy conditions.
- Enforce safety rules, policies, and procedures consistently, and respond to and investigate all reports of accidents, injuries, or job hazards in a timely manner.
- Ensure all employees have a safe environment in that all hazards, unsafe actions, or unsafe conditions have been identified, corrected, and/or eliminated.
- Assist with both internal and external environmental and safety inspections and audits along with action plans.
- Complies with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards in accordance with the Magna Employee Charter and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Knowledge and Education
A four year degree in Business, Safety or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of three years’ experience in Worker’s Compensation and case management is required. Must understand Federal and State environmental regulations and be able to provide guidance to the plant to ensure compliance.
Minimum of two years’ experience in Worker’s Compensation and case management is required. Must understand Federal and State environmental regulations and be able to provide guidance to the plant to ensure compliance.
Skills and Competencies
Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ability to effectively present information to management, employees, co-workers, and corporate personnel is essential. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. A high level of analytical ability is required to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Familiarity with OSHA, MSDS, STD, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA and related state and federal regulations required.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.