Health and Safety Business Partner Australia – AGL Energy
Company: AGL Energy
Location: Muswellbrook, New South Wales, Australia
A new opportunity has arisen for a demonstrated safety professional with diverse Leadership experience to commence at our AGL Macquarie site in NSW.
About the Role
Reporting to the Safety Manager Group Operations, the H&S Business Partner is part of the AGL Macquarie Leadership Team and contributes to the overall success of AGL and AGL Macquarie through continuous improvement and effective management of risk, capability, systems and culture.
- Lead the AGL Macquarie Health and Safety team, managing and mentoring a team of safety and injury management practitioners
- Lead and participate in key business and strategic HSE initiatives in collaboration with the Macquarie Leadership Team, AGL HSLT and other key stakeholders.
- Support, implement and maintain a HSE Management System that meets the requirements of the AGL HSE Management System and achieves certification to AS4801 Standard
- Provide specialist advice and support on safety management and WHS legislation
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement including communication with regulatory authorities
– Tertiary Qualification in OHS Management; Diploma or above
– Extensive experience in a professional safety capacity with demonstrated experience in a leadership role or role of significant influence during a period of organisational change/transformation
– Demonstrated experience implementing a safety management system in a complex multi-disciplinary industrial environment
– Exceptional decision-making capability including the ability to identify, analyse and devise solutions to complex and impactful situations
– Detailed knowledge of relevant WHS legislation
– Strong business acumen
– Outstanding organisational skills including the ability to plan and execute against multiple deliverables and manage multiple stakeholder groups
What’s in it for you?
AGL Macquarie’s assets include the 2,640 MW Bayswater power station, the 2,000 MW Liddell power station, the 50 MW Hunter Valley gas turbines and the Liddell solar thermal project.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative teams in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
At AGL, we’re fully behind flexible working, to help us hold onto the people who make our business what it is. We call it Smart Working.
Please forward an updated copy of your curriculum vitae to: email@example.com