Health And Safety Advisor Job in Aberdeen – Dana Petroleum
Company Name: Dana Petroleum Limited
Company Location: Aberdeen
Reporting to: HSSE Manager
To provide day to day onshore health and safety support to the Offshore Safety Advisor and Operations Team. Responsible for identifying and implementing processes and procedures that deliver Dana Petroleum’s overall HSE strategy and business objectives. Providing UK management and staff with support, expertise, direction and guidance to permit the delivery of health and safety strategy and business objectives. Working alongside the UK business teams, responsible for the ongoing development of a positive culture to effectively deliver excellence in HSE.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
This role has the following responsibilities and outputs
- HSE support and advice to the onshore management team.
- Provide liaison and support to the offshore organisation.
- Support Health & Safety Executive inspections, both on and offshore.
- Act as the custodian of the asset Safety Case.
- Conduct, participate and review asset and contractor incident investigation reports, ensuring ‘root causes’ are identified and linked to measures preventing a reoccurrence.
- Ensure all incidents & audits are recorded and managed to completion in Synergi.
- Provision of monthly statistical / KPI reporting.
- Develop and maintain progress of asset HSE Improvement plans.
- Assist, participate in and conduct health and safety audits according to the audit plan both onshore and offshore.
- Provide input to Risk Assessments, HAZIDS, HAZOPS and combined operations notifications.
- Review contractor HSE Plans, Interface Documents, Operations Plans etc.
- Prioritise and coordinate HSE support activities.
- Maintain the HSE-Management System by updating documentation to reflect changing circumstances, legislation and industry best practice.
Everyone working for or on behalf of Dana Petroleum has the following responsibilities with regard to his or her work to:
- Familiarise with the Dana Policies, including the policies on HSE, Risk Management and Major Hazards;
- Familiarise with the One Dana Management System and its meaning for day-to-day work;
- Familiarise with the work and be aware of all associated risks for People, the Environment, Assets and Reputation (PEAR);
- Report any incident, near miss, hazards (unsafe acts/situations) and improvement suggestions;
- Know their roles and responsibilities;
- Actively participate in any job or HSEQ training or instruction by or on behalf of Dana Petroleum;
- Use all provided means as intended and according to their purpose.
Essential Job Specific Knowledge and Competencies
- NEBOSH General Certificate and / or NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health & Safety. Preferred NEBOSH Diploma and / or NVQ level 5 in Occupational Health & Safety
- Membership of, or working towards membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health.
- Proven oil and gas experience in an HSE professional capacity, ideally gained in an upstream operating environment with offshore experience. Preferred previous knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including production operations and:
- Accident / Incident Investigation
- CoSHH Assessor
- Manual Handling Assessor
- Radiation Protection Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- Good communicator at all organisational levels; written, spoken & presentation skills
- Team player with a high degree of self-motivation
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org