Health and Safety Administrator Job in Canada – Baffinland
Job ID: 2019-2307
Job Category: Health & Safety
Job Type: Permanent
Mission for this Position
At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River property. Located in the Qikiqtani Region on Baffin Island, Nunavut, it’s one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations and we are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
We are a unique company with a strong management team. Our leadership team has amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects from community consultation and permitting, through to operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won’t find anywhere else.
Located at Mary River site on a 2×2 and reporting to the Manager of Health, Safety, Security and Environment, the Health and Safety Administrator provides support to the H&S department in the development and implementation of systems and programs for the management of data for the BIM Health and Safety Management System (HSMS). This position is responsible for the management and input of all data related to all H&S systems, programs, intranet/internet portals, statistical databases, access database management, regulatory data collection and correspondence, incident management systems and tools, documentation, corrective action tracking, intranet development and maintenance and developing excel spreadsheets and databases. This role also acts as a primary point of contact for the data performance on H&S and the accessibility of all systems, tools and processes through the BIM SharePoint intranet or other web based programs.
- Administration of all H&S software systems, documents and databases including:
- Developing and delivering H&S software training for H&S system users.
- Collects and inputs data used for compiling company safety statistics/trends and maintains reports as required for presentation in internal and external reports,
- Managing records of H&S monitoring and measurement activities
- Collects and inputs data related to hazard assessments, ongoing hazard identifications, and incident investigations.
- Inputs corrective actions and other data into corrective action databases and disseminates actions to all owners for close out and tracking.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the development and maintenance of all H&S programs software and databases.
- Develop, implement and manage the departmental specific H&S induction program and manage the H&S internal on/off-boarding members of H&S
- Oversees and coordinates document management through the H&S SharePoint intranet or other web based programs
- Ordering and tracking supplies through SAP
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Excellent IT systems and database administration experience with programs such as MS Office, Access, Excel, Project, Powerpoint, SharePoint and SAP
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to balance and prioritize numerous deadlines with excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills