Head of Safety Job – Highways in UK (Location Flexible)
Job Ref: BIA0003P7
Primary Location: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-London
You will have a key responsibility in supporting the Highways Management Team in their duties to manage safety within the operating unit.
- Provide HSE advice and guidance to the Senior and project management team to support the achievement of HSE targets in line with our Safety Management System.
- Prepare and implement Highways operating unit specific HSE strategies, that drive performance and support continuous improvement across the Operating Unit, monitor and report on their efficacy.
- Grow the HSE team within the operating unit by identifying gaps in support.
- Line manage and mentor Highways HSE team employees and support the professional development of direct reports.
- Ensure sufficient reliance and continuity planning is in place for your team.
- Develop and maintain good client relationships.
- Promote Jacobs culture of caring to internal and external stakeholders the post holder is expected to engage in and support Jacobs Beyond Zero message.
- Actively engage in the company sales process supporting bids and tender submissions.
- Support the Senior and project management teams in delivering Health and Safety in Design best practice for our clients.
- Support the wider UK HSE team in delivering HSE specific training, this may include developing bespoke training modules and presentations.
- Delivering the provision of an Incident Management Service, which includes incidents investigation, reporting outcomes and learnings to Senior Managers as required.
- Support the UK HSE leadership in implementing the Global BIAF HSE strategy.
- Recognised Third Level Safety Qualification
- OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor
- Extensive experience of implementing and managing HSE programmes including behavioural based initiatives
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- ICE H&S Register (Advanced)
- IMPAS (CDM-C or APS Management of Pre-Construction Health & Safety)
- Professional Engineering / Construction qualification (CEng / I Eng)
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th December.