Head of HSE Belgium – UCB
Location: Braine L’alleud, BE
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our HSE team, based in our Production site in Braine l’alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Head of HSE Belgium.
Are you driven and enthusiastic in your approach? For UCB, you are a ‘drivethusiastic’ person. This very special blend of talent means you are pushed by a keenness to make a positive difference for patients.
As a UCB ‘drivethusiastic’ person and Head of HSE Belgium you like to work in an environment where you can:
• Drive and continuously enhance the HSE culture with the support of line management and communication thanks to your strong leadership, influencing & change management skills
• Lead the UCB HSE management team (Health, Safety, Environment, Biosafety, Waste management and Well-being) for UCB sites in Braine & Anderlecht as a result of your experience in managing and coaching medium teams
• Provide strategic & operational support to site “customers” leaning on dedicated appropriate expertise to their activities, risks and business needs, with special focus on contractors, product stewardship and occupational exposure based on your detailed understanding of all technical aspects of HSE
As a UCB ‘drivethusiastic’ person and Head of HSE Belgium you will contribute by:
• Being strongly involved in the deployment of Corporate HSE guidelines for the 2 belgian sites (Braine l’alleud and Anderlecht) & ensuring close collaboration with the Corporate HSE team to guarantee compliance with legal requirements and global UCB requirements and guidelines
• Managing close collaboration with business teams and HSE Team and develop Shared Vigilance and shared responsibility
• Taking actions that have an impact on the protection of the environment and employee health and safety, and to propose directions to senior management to improve HSE performance at UCB Belgian level.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
• Safety advisor level 1
• 15 years experience at managerial level in HSE • Excellent animation and communication skills (French & English)