A Client, a leading Power company is in need of qualified professionals responsible to coordinate, monitor and ensure compliance to health and safety procedures and regulations across the Organization.
Purpose of role
The prospective candidate will be responsible for coordinating the development of HSE procedures and process for the management and employees alike.
- Develop and implement HSE policies, standards and procedures while providing essential HSE advice to the management and staffs.
- Develop and maintain an audit plan for HSE processes and operational activities and training requirements to ensure continuous improvement evaluating the maintenance program and approve changes to optimize costs, work – quality, outage time and availability.
- Review and update HSE rules and standards in line with national legislation and developments in the industry and international trends
- Monitor compliance with HSE policies e.g. Accident/Incident Reporting, Permit to Work, Environmental Conformance, etc.
- Represent the company on HSE committees and manages liaison with regulatory agencies and safety associations
Qualifications & Skills
- HND/BSc. in Science and Engineering related discipline, Master degree in a related discipline is an advantage.
- Certification in HSE e.g. ISPON, NEBOSH, IOSH.
- Minimum of 14 years cognate experience in the power sector, out of which 5 years in a senior management role.
If you would like to be considered for this role please email a copy of your CV in WORD FORMAT with subject as Head, HSE to email@example.com