GWES HSE Advisor
Req ID: 81044BR
Job category: Health, Safety, Security & Environment
Countries (State/Region):Field based
Location: Oman – Field based – Khazzan
Closing Date: 28-May-2017
Provides health, safety, CCM/ER and environment support to the construction and commissioning teams at site.
- Advising the Upstream on continuously improving HSE-related performance
- Work with HSE Manager to lead construction HSE organization to deliver business objectives in conformance to BP HSE requirements. (2.1)
- Assess, prioritize and manage HSE risks consistent with BP requirements (3.1)
- Conducting HSE-related self-verification and supporting self-verification plans
- Works with construction team to implement programs to systematically verify whether equipment and services provided by suppliers and contractors meets contractual and BP Requirements. (2.5)
- Works with construction team to conducts verification activity to confirm whether construction activities are conducted in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. (7.1)
- Issuing and maintaining HSE-related procedures and guidance
- Works with the construction team to implement BP practices and procedures to systematically identify and assess construction safety hazards and mitigate risks to people. (3.2)
- Works with construction team to implement BP practices to systematically identify and assess construction health and IH hazards and mitigate risks. (3.4)
- Works with construction team to implement BP practices to systematically identify and assess construction related security hazards and mitigate risks. (3.5)
- Works with construction team to implement GPO E&S practices to identify and systematically manage the impact of construction activities on the environment. (3.6)
- Develops and works with construction team to implement crisis management and emergency response plans related to construction activity (4.6)
- Works with construction team to Implement a verification program to systematically verify whether construction activities are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and conformant to BP HSE requirements. (8.2)
- Conducting HSE-related activities in support of OMS conformance and HSE regulatory compliance
- Coaches line on safety culture leadership. (1.7)
- Reports and investigates construction related incidents in conformance to GPO requirements.
- Works with the line to implement CoW programs in conformance to GPO requirements (4.5)
- Reports construction HSE metrics (8.1)
Engineering/science degree level qualification (preferred).
Essential experience and job requirements
- This role only open for Omani nationals
- At least 6 years of Construction related HSE experience
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- CSP or equivalent certification.
- Proven track record of strong safety leadership (culture and systems).
- Proven team leader of small organizations
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.