Group Head of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality & Compliance (Construction & Demolition) UK
Town/City: Leeds, UK
Opportunity Type: Permanent
We’ve been engaged by one of the UK’s leading environmental, health and safety and risk management services company to secure a new Group Head of SHEQ and Compliance. Reporting to the CEO the role will lead on all matters relating to SHEQ and Compliance across the organisation. The company has a network of regional offices across the UK and works on projects nationally across the UK.
Responsibilities of the Group Head of Safety, Health, Environment & Quality will include:
- Lead on strategic and operational matters relating to Compliance, Safety, Health, Environment and Quality and wellbeing across the organisation.
- Promote, develop and establish a positive safety culture within the Company, ensuring it can meet its legal requirements.
- Providing competent support and expert advice to stakeholders across the organisation.
- Overall responsibility to maintain and renew essential operational licenses, including ISO compliance.
- Team management and development of SHEQ and Compliance staff (Team of 6)
Driving organisational SHEQ objectives & targets across the group.
- Providing the CEO and Senior management with information and reports in relation to compliance, SHEQ and wellbeing.
The Group Head of SHEQ & Compliance will have:
- Extensive Health and Safety experience from the construction, demolition, rail infrastructure or related industries
Previous team management and leadership experience.
- Relevant degree and/or NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, relevant professional membership (CMIOSH preferred)
- Management systems experience eg. ISO standards, Achilles, CHAS.
- Experience of developing behavioural change programmes.
This position will suit an experienced safety professional who is used to operating at a senior level, leading by example and can hit the ground running. This is a national role so a UK Driver’s license and preparedness to travel is essential. If this sounds of interest please contact Michael Colton on email@example.com or 01923 432 633